Possible good news?

StevoBevo

Freshman
It sounds like Alabama’s starting TE billingsley is in the doghouse. Possibly suspended? Dismissed?
when asked about TE billingsley Coach Saban had this to say: “This isn’t a democracy. Everybody doesn’t get to do what they want to do, everybody doesn’t get to just do what they feel like doing. You’ve gotta do what you’re supposed to do and buy in in order to be part of the team”. Billingsley was apparently absent from the first few practices of fall camp for “undisclosed reasons”. Behind him is Cameron Latu (Converted DE) who is more of a blocking TE compared to Billingsley who is (to me) a slightly lesser version of Mallory. As it stands they are potentially down a S, starting RT and starting TE. I’ll take it.

Advertisement
It sounds like Alabama’s starting TE billingsley is in the doghouse. Possibly suspended? Dismissed?
when asked about TE billingsley Coach Saban had this to say: “This isn’t a democracy. Everybody doesn’t get to do what they want to do, everybody doesn’t get to just do what they feel like doing. You’ve gotta do what you’re supposed to do and buy in in order to be part of the team”. Billingsley was apparently absent from the first few practices of fall camp for “undisclosed reasons”. Behind him is Cameron Latu (Converted DE) who is more of a blocking TE compared to Billingsley who is (to me) a slightly lesser version of Mallory. As it stands they are potentially down a S, starting RT and starting TE. I’ll take it.

Even if he is "suspended", just be prepared for the ol' Nicky special "out for 1Q or 1st half". I personally don't think he'll miss this game but would welcome his absence with open arms.

Advertisement
His punishment: He’ll have to feed Nick little Debbies a while Nicks sheeting on his gold toilet.

Cameron latu is more than a blocking tight end and might be in line to have a big year. He out ran the first string secondary for a 50+ yard TD in spring and sounds like he's been playing well in camp. He's not as big a weapon as billingsly and hopefully he stays in the doghouse but I expect to see both out there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was like the first person on here who said we have a shot against Bama. But that D is getting lit up whether you like it or not.

Haha. The same season Kyle Pitts had 3 catches for 33 yards. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think this defense gets eaten up by TEs. Maybe I haven't noticed

Haha. The same season Kyle Pitts had 3 catches for 33 yards. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think this defense gets eaten up by TEs. Maybe I haven't noticed
I guess you don't watch the games.

In 2020:
Braden Galloway 4/74/2
"Cary Angeline" 4/54/1

Basically any team with a pocket QB and a functional move TE shreds Diaz's D. 18 year old Pitts wasn't that good yet and Franks held back that offense.

Advertisement
I guess you don't watch the games.

In 2020:
Braden Galloway 4/74/2
"Cary Angeline" 4/54/1

Basically any team with a pocket QB and a functional move TE shreds Diaz's D. 18 year old Pitts wasn't that good yet and Franks held back that offense.
Galloway caught a throw back screen for one of those plays so yes I do watch the games.

Pitts had his second worst output of the season that game when you exclude not being needed against UT-Martin. Went for 54-649-5 in '19 so he was plenty good enough

And Diaz wasn't calling the defense in 19 or 20. You want to hang something on him at least hang it on him when he's the actual DC.

I’m hoping Bryce Young and a couple of those big RBs decide to rob a 7-11 between now and game day…get them suspended and we might have something..

Advertisement
Back