Possible corner injury replacements

Jalen Harrell and Brian Balom can do a job if we get desperate.

This is could be a really dumb take but.... Tate Martell? Good feet, good brain, I could see him being mean covering in the slot. Probably would take him a while to learn technique and everything but thats my wild card pick.

Advertisement
Jalen Harrell and Brian Balom can do a job if we get desperate.

This is could be a really dumb take but.... Tate Martell? Good feet, good brain, I could see him being mean covering in the slot. Probably would take him a while to learn technique and everything but thats my wild card pick.
Puff puff pass. That shiit must be good. Share with the rest of us.

Frierson Gurvan Hall And Harrell are the only options available... and Frierson and Harrell are the only two I would consider.

The striker position is stretching us to thin We need to trash that garbage position.
I don't understand the striker position, wasn't that position just the weak side linebacker backed in the day. Just a smaller quicker faster LB, good grief Houston came in with Klinger and their run and shoot, and we shut that crap down with a base 4-3 -

Advertisement
Frierson at times seems lost in coverage. Not sold on him in a position that requires him to blanket a receiver without help.

freirson is probably one of the more intelligent guys on D. Is usually one of the few directing traffic, he knows assignments

Advertisement
Yall smoking some good stuff, them bulky safeties aren't moving to cb and covering any one. Telling yall Clarke gets on that field hes not getting taken off. Dude was one of the most dynamic football players 2 years ago in the entire state of Florida. Kids a dam beast and he needs to be retuning punts as well.

Yall smoking some good stuff, them bulky safeties aren't moving to cb and covering any one. Telling yall Clarke gets on that field hes not getting taken off. Dude was one of the most dynamic football players 2 years ago in the entire state of Florida. Kids a dam beast and he needs to be retuning punts as well.

Id be all for Clarke getting a shot if you put him on an island and let him go. Give him safety help over the top if he needs it. He’s athletic enough to mask some of his technical deficiencies

Advertisement
Our depth issues make the whole Christian Williams decision to leave all the more puzzling. One misstep, one awkward landing and he'd be playing the entire season with no breaks. Kids these days can't see the big picture.

freirson is probably one of the more intelligent guys on D. Is usually one of the few directing traffic, he knows assignments

Dude my comment was made in January and, while he may have improved significantly, I have yet to see him excel in coverage. I keep thinking back to the Florida game and others where he was often beat...hopefully you are right and he can handle the CB position, if needed.

Dude my comment was made in January and, while he may have improved significantly, I have yet to see him excel in coverage. I keep thinking back to the Florida game and others where he was often beat...hopefully you are right and he can handle the CB position, if needed.

my bad I didn’t see when the post was. Gil would be no worse than Ivey at CB. Don’t think he will play DB (hips aren’t there) but would be option if we are desperate. I was just pointing out his smarts at knowing where everyone along with themself belong during plays

Advertisement
Id be all for Clarke getting a shot if you put him on an island and let him go. Give him safety help over the top if he needs it. He’s athletic enough to mask some of his technical deficiencies
I agree totally. Yes hes obviously in training but the kid is one of our best athletes that would excel on either side of the ball. Hes got the speed and quickness to cover man, hes also got that dog in him that if he does get beat hes going to come back next series even more ****ed off. Hes the type that needs to get beat to bring out that nasty streak in him. Thats what his coaches told me any ways and that staff is made up of a bunch of ex college players so I tend to listen to them.

Our depth issues make the whole Christian Williams decision to leave all the more puzzling. One misstep, one awkward landing and he'd be playing the entire season with no breaks. Kids these days can't see the big picture.
Agree 100%, something else is at play here. I mean this year doesn't even count against him so why would you leave. Like you said one silly chest bump and you might be full time starter. smh.

my bad I didn’t see when the post was. Gil would be no worse than Ivey at CB. Don’t think he will play DB (hips aren’t there) but would be option if we are desperate. I was just pointing out his smarts at knowing where everyone along with themself belong during plays
I think Gil would be a big improvement over Ivey. Gil got beat once last year against Uf but that was against an elite speed burner and even then he barley got beat. Gil got that dog in him, wouldn't want to have him lined up across from me.

Advertisement
Back