Possible corner injury replacements

Damiencane86

All ACC
Considering our total lack of depth at corner thanks to Rumph's prowess, if any were to go down with a serious injury, who from safety or striker are the preferred players to move to corner ?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t think I’ve ever seen us with 4 corners on the field at once. It’s just not something diaz/baker do. So one if one goes down we’re in deep trouble with depth . If 2 go down we’re f*cked.

side note: Nigel bethel is an idiot for transferring after one year. Would have been in the mix for that 3rd corner spot as a RS sophomore.

Gilbert Frierson:

Long, athletic, fast, big (215).

Gilbert Frierson out here looking like the next Seattle Cover 3 corner.

Frierson at times seems lost in coverage. Not sold on him in a position that requires him to blanket a receiver without help.

Advertisement
Frierson at times seems lost in coverage. Not sold on him in a position that requires him to blanket a receiver without help.
When watching our defense it's clear the play calling, coaching and personnel placement knowledge is lacking. Too many Amateurs on the staff. Unlike staffs from championship years that were full of great coaches and future coaching stars, this HC does not recognize the dire need for experience and better coordinators and assistants.

When watching our defense it's clear the play calling, coaching and personnel placement knowledge is lacking. Too many Amateurs on the staff. Unlike staffs from championship years that were full of great coaches and future coaching stars, this HC does not recognize the dire need for experience and better coordinators and assistants.
He may realize it but is tied to "his guys" on the defensive staff. The D would have to regress majorly for him to cut his buddies from this staff.

Advertisement
Frierson Gurvan Hall And Harrell are the only options available... and Frierson and Harrell are the only two I would consider.

The striker position is stretching us to thin We need to trash that garbage position.

Frierson Gurvan Hall And Harrell are the only options available... and Frierson and Harrell are the only two I would consider.

The striker position is stretching us to thin We need to trash that garbage position.
Bolden is the fastest and have the best coverage skills out of all you listed. Just a last resort thing but he’s going to be a beast at safety

Advertisement
Amen. Actually I think Randy might have had the best assistants sinc ethe one Butch left. Never thought I'd say it but we have gone downhill since Randy. Is that possible?

Advertisement
Back