Possible Bad News For Future Recruiting

hotshot

Sophomore
This would hurt! Excerpted from an ESPN article:

In two weeks, the NCAA’s primary legislative body, the Division I Council, will vote on a measure that could severely restrict graduate transfers. The proposed rule change would require that colleges accepting graduate transfers be docked a scholarship the next year if the transfer does not earn his secondary degree within a year.

So as graduate transfers have continued to increase — there were 124 this season in men’s basketball, including a handful who were key contributors on tournament teams — and as programs have found value in them as a quick fix that suits both team and player, the new rule is seeking to discourage them by effectively adding a tax on programs that accept such players.

Advertisement
Seems to only be an issue if the grad transfer doesn't get his degree in a year. You should be able to finish most master's degrees if you go to school 12 months full time.

I actually get it as a grad transfer is suppose to earn a degree in the one year he is at his new school. It is really all to do about nothing as the honest people will continue as normal but the cheaters will act like victims.

Seems to only be an issue if the grad transfer doesn't get his degree in a year. You should be able to finish most master's degrees if you go to school 12 months full time.
That may be true, however football consumes a tremendous amount of time , as does most post grad degrees. That said it can be achieved. But, the NCAA is again FOS. The Portal and Grad transfers are GOOD for CFB. And by and large it’s cost effective. Why waste time chasing this ****. Go after the big $ being thrown around some programs. But that would require These Assclowns to actually acknowledge the corruption infecting CFB, and their failure to curb it.

Advertisement
Don't even phucking pretend these ncaa pimps have the sanctity of higher education in mind. There are already minimal class hours required to maintain scholarship and eligibility! This is another of many restrictive legislative moves to restrict kids from changing schools, LIKE COACHES, AD'S, NCAA BOARD MEMBERS (MANY ARE FROM SCHOOLS), NCAA RULES COMMITTEE MEMBERS AND ALL STUDENTS can do. Also these kids have no cohesive body within or outside of the NCAA governing body that represents their concerns or needs. Another example of "The Man" per se, using his control of all legislative bodies to take back gains made by any minority (not race) groups.

This will apply, if passed, to all sports. I wonder, since Manny Diaz has used the portal so much, if this might even end up being called the "Miami Rule." Maybe I'm paranoid.

Who cares, eventually we should be done with needing to many of them now in the near future anyway, plus juco's as of now are still around!

Advertisement
That may be true, however football consumes a tremendous amount of time , as does most post grad degrees. That said it can be achieved. But, the NCAA is again FOS. The Portal and Grad transfers are GOOD for CFB. And by and large it’s cost effective. Why waste time chasing this ****. Go after the big $ being thrown around some programs. But that would require These Assclowns to actually acknowledge the corruption infecting CFB, and their failure to curb it.

Let's be real. These grad transfers aren't getting Master's Degrees in Biochemistry. I'm sure they will put them in the same pseudo degrees they put the revenue "student-athletes" in for undergrad.

(For Football) - Wonder if 'docked a scholarship the following year' would be for the subsequent incoming 25 kids or, that subsequent year, reduce the overall scholly number to 84?

Let's be real. These grad transfers aren't getting Master's Degrees in Biochemistry. I'm sure they will put them in the same pseudo degrees they put the revenue "student-athletes" in for undergrad.
How many such Graduate-level "pseudo degrees" does the U offer? Maybe none.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back