Positives from an otherwise terrible game

Advertisement
We better get a lot better on offense. FSU put up 640+ yards on GT. Travis threw for almost 400 yards and they rushed it for nearly 250.

Our offense has to sustain drives and put the ball into the endzone.
Any word on if Van Dyke is gna possibly be back for that one?

Leonard Taylor is the real deal and is a legit 5 star d-tackle who will play on sundays if he continues to work hard and progress
Kinchens made a lot of big plays (and 1 bad play)
Parrish ran hard and should have had 5 more carries
Stanley was a good #2 RB
Colbie Young continues to make plays
Oline worked hard
Typically we lay down after a big play like the long swing pass inside the 5. Not today! The d stepped up and actually moved them back.

Advertisement
Any word on if Van Dyke is gna possibly be back for that one?
I have no idea. I just noticed him on the sideline wearing a jacket, but no sling. So, hopefully just a soft tissue injury.

Perhaps his return would be more mental confidence in the OL.

It's hard for me to believe he returns for meaningless games unless he plays against FSU.

Advertisement
I have no idea. I just noticed him on the sideline wearing a jacket, but no sling. So, hopefully just a soft tissue injury.

Perhaps his return would be more mental confidence in the OL.

It's hard for me to believe he returns for meaningless games unless he plays against FSU.
I posted in another thread that on the YES network, they zoomed in on TVD talking to a couple of players. His right arm was straight down close to his body. He never moved it. He gestured with his left hand and arm when he spoke. It looked intentional.

I posted in another thread that on the YES network, they zoomed in on TVD talking to a couple of players. His right arm was straight down close to his body. He never moved it. He gestured with his left hand and arm when he spoke. It looked intentional.
OK. Likely more serious than I thought.

That should rule him out of the FSU game and likely the season.

Kitchens is average idk what you people are talking about. He’s been responsible for many big plays this year and today was awful on that long dump off.

Advertisement
Im impressed we didn’t give up. The hustle from dj Ivey and couldn’t tell who the other guy was on the rb dump off that almost went the distance showed heart.

With that said Miami needs a huge infusion of talent. Heart isn’t going to win us any national championships. Garcia was way worse than I was expecting with a week to prep.

Parrish ran hard.
56 and 6 dominate inside.
88 is a weapon that Gattis doesn’t know how to use.
OL did enough.
Defense played well for much of that game. The 3rd down and plus 10 yards zone defense bull**** Steele calls is not ideal and failed them several times. That needs to stop.

Can one of our research hobbits look through the CFB archives....

This abomination of a game has to be Top 5/10 of games played with no TDs scored by either team....
No hobbits, but VT and Wake Forest, 0-0 tie in regulation. VT lost 6-3 in 2 OTs.

Last edited:
Advertisement
james williams will hopefully grow throughout this year and next leading the incoming class of DB's and then I'll feel great about our defense. get gattis out of miami and with rashada and co we'll be fine

The end of the game is really the best answer. Both from the perspective that we scored to win and that the game ended.

Advertisement
Back