POSITIVE THREAD (DEFENSE ONLY)

Heck, they should give the key to the city to the DL who almost separated Francois' shoulder. Also liked the late hit on Francois. These guys are going to destroy the opposition in the next few years. Unfortunately, they will be gassed by the 4th quarter unless the offense starts making sustained drives.

Advertisement
Really thought the D did all they could to keep us in the game. For such a young unit....they were lights out. Sadly our O was trash. I firmly believe that Richt does not trust Kaaya at all.

Advertisement
Tackling was pretty solid at times too. I really thought Dalvin was gonna bust some of those runs but we wrapped up nicely. Jenkins is the worst tackler on team though.

I assumed they'd score 20...

I assumed we'd score 40+...

doh

My pre game prediction was 27-20. I figured they'd play harder on defense.

After watching the game live. It should have been 40 to 20. That's how bad Kaaya and the playcalling were.

The defense surprised me. Cook is one of the best offensive players in the country and they held him in check with the exception of the one long run and the wheel route for a TD.

I am happy with the aggression. We haven't seen that level of violence since 2000-2003.

Advertisement
I loved our D. It's great to see a physical attacking unit. This is a great foundation.

The 1 criticism I have about last night is that we allowed too many 3rd and longs to be complete and we never flipped field position in the second half until late in the game.

Pinckney, Quarterman and the other young guys play better than the upper class men. those guys are exciting to watch. I love their energy and attitude. After last night I think they aren't freshmen anymore.

Advertisement
Back