POSITIVE THREAD (DEFENSE ONLY)

**** I'M SO PROUD OF PINKNEY AND SHAQ AND MCINTOSH GOTT**** THEM KIDS PLAYED LIGHTS .

AND IF WE COULD PUT OUR TEAM MVP CORN ELDER HEART IN BRAD WE'D HAVE SOMETHING.

Advertisement
Diaz proved that he can coach in big games; I just think our offense really let us down. You could tell our D was emotionally and physically gassed in second half.

Especially in the first half, those dudes had me jacked. So nice to see our D play like that. Tough, aggressive, mean, fast, and just good clutch play all over.

O clearly didn't pull their weight.

Advertisement
they held their end, no doubt. pass rush needs to be more consistent, but the O lost the game. D did enough to win

That's the one positive. Defense played really well for the most part. Even had a Patchan appearance.

19 looked kind of quick off the edge...

DL is Legit

We need DB'S....need more speed in the back end

Too slow

Advertisement
For our offense to come out and score 19 points at home against what was at the time a historically bad fsu defense is disgraceful. Its a shame that our offenses inability to put points on the board is gonna overshadow our defenses performance

Our defense should be good for years to come that's for sure. Need to get some legit offensive tackles now

The offense, two weeks in a row, has let this Def down. Honestly guys, it was a tale-tell sign when we kept hearing reports that our Offense was behind the defense during Spring and Fall ball.

Advertisement
I agree. Our defense showed they were legit, especially our young guys.

Obviously a lot of room to improve still as Dalvin still got 150 yards rushing and a 60 yard reception.

But I can't wait to see what we do next year and the year after when this LB group are upperclassman.

Also, I've been very impressed by Corn all year. Dude has played light out all season.

Hated some of the 3 man line looks when our front 4 was controlling the line of scrimmage in the 1st half. Thought the DL wore down a bit in the 2nd half.

Otherwise props to Corn, Johnson, the freshman LBs (outside the bust in coverage on the Cook TD), and the DL. Need some rangy Safeties.

Advertisement
I was impressed by how many deflections our defensive line had... Don't remember the last time we had a line that could put pressure and also block passes. We have a lot of young guys who have a bright future........ Not sure if i'm the only one, but I enjoy watching our defense a lot more than the offense.

Our safeties (Jenkins and Carter) are not football intelligent, so they compensate with bravado and woofing. I really hope these DB recruits the next 2 season are what many here claim they are.

We won't be in the playoffs until we have 2 athletic and intelligent safeties again.

Advertisement
Back