Positive Thought This Week: Hope, for a week

Miami04

Senior
There were some positives this week after the Duke game. Happy to see the team bounce back and beat a ranked team. Duke Johnson looked great in the game. Yearby, was a beast. Kaaya can make some throws and the QB spot is in good hands. There were adjustments on D even though it took people picketing to get it done.

But I would like to look at the positive of Hope this week. For one, it might be the last time this year we have any. But most importantly, as angry as most people are this is where many of us thought the season would be and come down to. Winning the coastal division games.

All I care about this year is winning the Coastal. That's it. I wanted to beat Nebraska, I want to beat Cincinnati, and I want to beat FSU. But all I care about this season is winning the Coastal. If we do, it is a successful season and we can get rid of this embarrassment of never winning it.

Now some of you will argue, "this is Miami, winning the Coastal proves nothing. We are good enough now to win the ACC and a NC." Well, you people can stay out of this thread because we are all about positive vibes in here. Plus, we have sucked for so long I'll take any type of positive steps.

Back to the Hope. We are sitting 1-1 in the ACC but 1-0 in the Coastal. The division is awful. I mean really bad. A win this weekend puts us at 2-0 in the division and ahead of GT and Duke. Every team in the Coastal is going to lose at least 2 games this year. I will take a ban for life bet on that. We win this weekend then we have UC (out of conference) and then the bye week comes at a perfect time. We get ready for two of out tougher games (from history) VT and UNC, then BAM a bye week again to get ready for the final 3 game stretch.

This schedule sets up nicely for UM to make it this year with some breaks. I am not going to get into the 1 and a million chance we have of winning all our Coastal games because this is all about positive but we have a chance. And after the crappy start to the season I'll take it.

In my heart, I think we can get to the UVA game knowing winning our last two games against UVA and Pitt will put us in the title game. But I have seen that story so many times I cringe thinking about playing at UVA the week after FSU with so much on the line in both games.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back