Position U According to ESPN

Advertisement
From 98 on and didn't make WR list?

Out of all the blatant bull**** ESPNS put out this has to be the worst piece of **** ive ever seen.

Ed Reed Isnt a notable DB? Oklahomas had better running backs than Miami since 98? WTF?
thinking same thing about Ed Reed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
From 98 on and didn't make WR list?

Out of all the blatant bull**** ESPNS put out this has to be the worst piece of **** ive ever seen.

Ed Reed Isnt a notable DB? Oklahomas had better running backs than Miami since 98? WTF?

The WR list is the MOST puzzling.... not even top 10 and 2 probable HOFs in Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, and Santana Moss couldn't surpass FSU with Kelvin Benjamin, Rashad Greene, and Pete Warrick? or Michigan with Funchess, Braylon Edwards and David Terrell?

Just for fun lets look at career stats.....
Benjamin (since 2014) 0 pro bowls 209 receptions 3,021 yrds 20 tds, 1 - 1,000 yard receiving Season
Reggie Wayne 6x pro bowler, 1,070 receptions, 14,345 yds 82 tds, 8- 1,000 yard receiving seasons

Rashad Greene: 0 pro bowls, 30 receptions, 185 yards 2 tds 0-1,000 yard seasons
Santana Moss: 1 pro bowl, 732 receptions, 10,283 yards, 66tds 4-1000 yard seasons

Pete Warrick: 0 pro bowls, 275 receptions, 2,991 yards 18tds 0-1,000 yard seasons
Andre Johnson: 7 pro bowls, 1,062 receptions, 14,185 yards, 70 tds, 7-1,000 yard seasons

Other "notable" Miami WR who outperformed all 3 of those schlups

Devin Hester: 4 pro bows, 255 receptions, 3,311 yards 16 tds, 0-1,000 yard receiving seasons
Allen Hurns: 0 pro bowls, 209 receptions, 2,964 yards, 23 tds 1-1,000 yard season
Travis Benjamin: 0 pro bowls, 202 receptions 3,113 yards, 19 tds, 0-1,000 yard seasons

The WR list is the MOST puzzling.... not even top 10 and 2 probable HOFs in Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, and Santana Moss couldn't surpass FSU with Kelvin Benjamin, Rashad Greene, and Pete Warrick? or Michigan with Funchess, Braylon Edwards and David Terrell?

Just for fun lets look at career stats.....
Benjamin (since 2014) 0 pro bowls 209 receptions 3,021 yrds 20 tds, 1 - 1,000 yard receiving Season
Reggie Wayne 6x pro bowler, 1,070 receptions, 14,345 yds 82 tds, 8- 1,000 yard receiving seasons

Rashad Greene: 0 pro bowls, 30 receptions, 185 yards 2 tds 0-1,000 yard seasons
Santana Moss: 1 pro bowl, 732 receptions, 10,283 yards, 66tds 4-1000 yard seasons

Pete Warrick: 0 pro bowls, 275 receptions, 2,991 yards 18tds 0-1,000 yard seasons
Andre Johnson: 7 pro bowls, 1,062 receptions, 14,185 yards, 70 tds, 7-1,000 yard seasons

Other "notable" Miami WR who outperformed all 3 of those schlups

Devin Hester: 4 pro bows, 255 receptions, 3,311 yards 16 tds, 0-1,000 yard receiving seasons
Allen Hurns: 0 pro bowls, 209 receptions, 2,964 yards, 23 tds 1-1,000 yard season
Travis Benjamin: 0 pro bowls, 202 receptions 3,113 yards, 19 tds, 0-1,000 yard seasons

None of it can be made sense of. Even that which doesn't involve UM. It must have been made by an intern with no supervision for the sole purpose of generating some clicks in the summertime.

The interesting one is Wisconsin, which was on the list 3 or 4 times. Rarely in the top 25 for recruiting. Amazing what good scouting can do.

Advertisement
Read it when I first woke up this morning.

First things first, The whole PositionU thing stemmed from schools being able to have sustainable success at certain position in the Pro's. While college success counts towards a certain small degree, how players performed at the next level determines if a school deservers the "PositionU" moniker. Nobody should be surprised though. ESPN has a way of adjusting their criteria and adding small levels of creativity to their agenda. But let's set the record straight on a few things:

1. While Alexander does have an MVP and has a rush TD advantage, give me Edge's sustained career, All Pro nods, total yardage. As for the rest? Gore handles Ingram/Henry with ease...I'm just throwing in Portis and McGahee as appetizers. There's no way Bama's RBs should be ahead of ours, let alone the rest of this list. Granted this is only 1998 and on.

2. As many have pointed out, to be omitted on the WR grouping is just criminal. We could just run with Reggie and Dre and be done with it. 28000 yds, 150 TDs, 2K receptions. But this is about producing NFL talent with some talent reaching peak success. So let's just sprinkle in other notables such as Hester and Santana

3. NFL HOF, CFB HOF, SB Champ, 9 Pro Bowls, 5 1st team All Pro, 3 2nd team All pro, DPOY. Widely considered top 5 at his position all time. Didn't qualify for ESPNs list.

4. Ray Lewis was drafted in 1996. I know he didn't play college in 1998. So lets take out '96 and '97, the majority of his career falls in this timeline. Unfortunately, we are only left with:
Again, no mention on this list. Even if you sprinkle in Vilma, Beason, DJ Williams, compared to rest of the names on that list, it has to be in the top 5. Heck, no Navorro Bowman for Penn State?!?

PositionU is moreso determined by next level performance. That's just my opinion.

It's funny reading some of those notables. Haven't heard Rashad Greene's name since he left FSU but he's notable for their WR rankings. Jesus Christ 😂

Even USC whose first for WRs on their list, 3 of the 4 guys listed are huge busts in the league lol

if its by best player we should be on all of these lists at number 1 except qb.....if its going by quantity ok then its legit

Advertisement
I wont even waste my precious time looking at this list because I know just from reading these posts that it is an absolute farce and joke.
Then when we start dominating this year and in the seasons after, see how many lists ESPN will put out with us miraculously high on there and everybody will start slobbering the "U" again.

It's like they put no stock into what guys did as pros and based it mostly on draft position. There is no way Miami doesn't own running back and is easily top five on receiver.

Advertisement
Back