Position Coaches

caneinpsl

Senior
Premium
There was a lot of banter when Richt hired his staff that he might not have done so well with the coaches he brought in outside of Coach Kool. Some retreads and a lot of relative inexperience being the primary complaints. I think it's evident at this point that he ultimately brought in one helluva group. We have Rumph and Banda who have turned this years biggest question mark going into the season into a huge strength with the DBs. And Diaz, who looks masterful calling games, and took last years biggest question mark (LBs) and turned that into an elite unit. Kool was an obvious homerun from the start.

Then on offense, Dugans is getting weekly compliments for the work his WR's do on national TV, and our RB group consistently does the little things picking up the blitz, making big plays in the passing game, and hanging onto the football. Then there's the guy that probably garnered the most criticism on the staff when he was hired. Richt's son. Now, he does have his dad looking over his shoulder, but IMHO he does deserve some credit for the improvement we have seen in QB play. Rosier has far exceeded expectations at this point in the season. Yes, he needs to improve his accuracy, but his leadership, decisiveness, and overall decision making has been very good. To me the player development we are getting has been the biggest change from the prior staff to this one. Richt has surrounded himself with a **** good staff.

Advertisement
Plus, the players seem to actually be listening to these coaches. Last night, I saw 3-4 instances where, on previous teams, players would've committed a stupid personal foul and cost us 15 yds. Especially, on out-of-bounds hits.

Rank em

1) Kool
2) Rumph
3) Searles
4) Dugans
5) Banda
6) Hartley
7) Jon Richt
8) Thomas Brown

OC Richt
DC Diaz

It was hilarious when Fowler stated that Berrios seem to tweak his ankle stepping down on a G.A's foot not knowing that was the Tight end -special teams coach!

Plus, the players seem to actually be listening to these coaches. Last night, I saw 3-4 instances where, on previous teams, players would've committed a stupid personal foul and cost us 15 yds. Especially, on out-of-bounds hits.

At the end, though, we kept their drive alive twice on 4th downs with unnecessary penalties. Facemask on Bandy, roughing on RJ..

Advertisement

At the end, though, we kept their drive alive twice on 4th downs with unnecessary penalties. Facemask on Bandy, roughing on RJ..

They were just having to much fun teeing off on vt at the end lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that bandy foul wasn't terrible...he tried to make sure the player was out of bounds and his fingers got caught in the helmet. Automatic facemask even if he immediately pulled them out

There still are a few stupid penalities (the late hit on the UNC QB last week) but the team is more disciplined than we’ve seen in a long time. VaTech’s quickness and aggressiveness caused a few early false starts but other than those I think there weren’t a lot of mental errors. Penalities of aggression, like the occasional PF will happen.

that bandy foul wasn't terrible...he tried to make sure the player was out of bounds and his fingers got caught in the helmet. Automatic facemask even if he immediately pulled them out

I thought the penalties were intentional so they could stay on the field and let VT's coach get his QB killed. Attempted murder

Advertisement
Rumph and Banda raised a lot of eyebrows when announced but they are proving themselves very effective.
Last year a veteran group and it improved and this year a new group and it has improved as well. Different players same results.

Dugans had already been around but regardless some people wanted to retain Beard over him. He has been great with the WR's.

Overall this has to be one of the strongest staff that we have had in a long time.
Good mix of youth and experience.

Rank em

1) Kool
2) Rumph
3) Searles
4) Dugans
5) Banda
6) Hartley
7) Jon Richt
8) Thomas Brown

OC Richt
DC Diaz

Searels over Lil Jon, Dugans and Brown?

Gtfoh you smoking hasheesh

how about.... NO

You picked the guy whose group underperforms?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back