Position coaches that should be kept for the next HC

Ice
Beard
Scott
Hurlie

id keep coley if he would accept a position change but i doubt he would

Beard and ice and hurlie have a lot of pull down here the next coach needs to atleast keep both of them

Scott is a good position coach and has a lot of pull in the tampa area id keep him

The rest can kick rocks

Advertisement
I think you keep only Beard and Kehoe. I could be convinced to keep Ice. But if it's Butch or Chip I want his people here.

Advertisement
Ice
Beard
Scott
Hurlie

id keep coley if he would accept a position change but i doubt he would

Beard and ice and hurlie have a lot of pull down here the next coach needs to atleast keep both of them

Scott is a good position coach and has a lot of pull in the tampa area id keep him

The rest can kick rocks

i agree. however, coley does not deserve to be retained at all. his play calling has been horrendous. i wouldn't even want him retained in a different capacity. there are plenty of guys in the country who can recruit. imo, i don't think anyone should be retained or hired because of their recruiting ability.

None should be. Not a single one. Everybody must go.

we need guys that have experience. Beard especially isn't qualified to be the Wr coach st UM!

Ice... Good dude, knows Miami but he's no Solly ... Not even close.

We need guys w NFL/Big Game experience. We need REAL talent developers.

Derrick Crudup under Saban was a GA for a few years before they made him asst. Qb coach

Hurlie Brown.. Another good dude but o experience at this level and already a positional coach at UM !!!!

Advertisement
What is the infatuation with these guys? They can do no wrong because they are "former" canes? They have about 6 years college coaching experience between the three. We need a PROFESSIONAL coaching staff if we want to move past mediocrity. Put them on in an advisory role or hit the road.

Listen, you do not tell a savage like Chip Kelly what he can do and what he can't do, or who he needs to keep. Let him face rape everyone in the athletic department and take it from there.

Advertisement
Larry Scott - His TE's have looked good
Ice - Joe and Mark have looked good
Beard - Only because it is year one.

What is the infatuation with these guys? They can do no wrong because they are "former" canes? They have about 6 years college coaching experience between the three. We need a PROFESSIONAL coaching staff if we want to move past mediocrity. Put them on in an advisory role or hit the road.

If we didn't get beard we wouldn't have gotten scarlett

Advertisement
Everyone goes including Swasey

I'm sort of in this camp. Not saying there aren't talented coaches on the current staff but sometimes a total house cleaning is in order.

Somewhat related: One of the many things that get overlooked when considering a head coach is how good their network is. To be a successful head coach you have to be able to identify and hire assistant coaches with regularity. If you hire a good assistant coach they will leave to take a promotional position somewhere, which is a sign they were a good hire. That means that a head coach has to be able to replace them with new, talented coaches every couple years.

Beard is the only one that gets to stay but I would prefer we steal Lamar Thomas away from Petrino.

Beard is the key to keeping Sam Bruce who is the best WR in the country.

The rest of the staff needs to go.

Larry Scott is worthless.

Ice Harris is even more worthless. Yearby and Walton would look good if I was coaching them. Ice is a total non factor in recruiting. Couldn't even land Booker T kids that play for his son.

Beard is fine I guess but he has not been able to fix Coley. Coley should be a 75 catch 1500 yard guy. He will be if we bring in the right guy like Chud.

Larry Scott - His TE's have looked good
Ice - Joe and Mark have looked good
Beard - Only because it is year one.

Advertisement
Back