Portal ????

fraggle

Senile Senior
Are players asked to leave or is it an individual decision? I'd assume it is personal and if so, jumping is stupid. The average portal player that ends up out in the cold is 30 percent and is exactly that for U portal entries. We have 21 in the portal and 7 have not been picked up.

On another note I am disappointed that some of the players I was anxious to see are gone. We kept hearing how Citizen's injuries were in the past and we'd finally see what he was capable of. I was disappointed to see last years starter Parrish bail, makes no sense at all. Many of us monitor recruiting and want to see our recruits develop, that's out the window now.

The portal and NIL are ruining college football and the supposed rapid fix is fraudulent. Maybe Deon had immediate success but the season was a flop and now his portal jewels are bailing out. Loyalty to a program is what made our great teams great and the interest those players have in the current program should be important but portal one and done players cannot fit the way our developed recruits have been. Chemistry is what makes dynasties, the old "win one for the Gipper" where your teammates are more important then yourself is a thing of the past. I cannot imagine the group of mercenaries we have now will even emulate Ed Reed. The bleeding orange and green is a misnomer. they seek the NIL green only!

Advertisement
download.jpg

Advertisement
Are players asked to leave or is it an individual decision? I'd assume it is personal and if so, jumping is stupid. The average portal player that ends up out in the cold is 30 percent and is exactly that for U portal entries. We have 21 in the portal and 7 have not been picked up.

On another note I am disappointed that some of the players I was anxious to see are gone. We kept hearing how Citizen's injuries were in the past and we'd finally see what he was capable of. I was disappointed to see last years starter Parrish bail, makes no sense at all. Many of us monitor recruiting and want to see our recruits develop, that's out the window now.

The portal and NIL are ruining college football and the supposed rapid fix is fraudulent. Maybe Deon had immediate success but the season was a flop and now his portal jewels are bailing out. Loyalty to a program is what made our great teams great and the interest those players have in the current program should be important but portal one and done players cannot fit the way our developed recruits have been. Chemistry is what makes dynasties, the old "win one for the Gipper" where your teammates are more important then yourself is a thing of the past. I cannot imagine the group of mercenaries we have now will even emulate Ed Reed. The bleeding orange and green is a misnomer. they seek the NIL green only!

Fun Girl GIF by SunChaser Tyme & Andy

Advertisement
Advertisement

Smoke Weed GIF

Amen to that.

Advertisement

Absolute and utter truth.

No one answered my question, are players asked to leave or is it solely their decision?
I think it’s made clear to them they won’t be getting much playing time or money. In most cases. The demotion and pay cut sends the message.

Advertisement
Back