Portal - Touted Iowa Hawkeye defensive tackle Daviyon Nixon considering a transfer

Advertisement
TREVON HILL is the truth and the answer get him and it’s a wrap!!!!these dudes Plan B pill if Manny Fresh can’t wrap it up with Hill

Advertisement

Link to article
https://www.daytondailynews.com/spo...-academically-redshirt/Sh7GLmP68fUPQKgTjJtH6O

Iowa DT Daviyon Nixon ineligible for 2018 season, will academically redshirt

Iowa defensive tackle Daviyon Nixon will not be eligible to play for the Hawkeyes in 2018. Nixon, who played at Iowa Western Community College during the 2017 season, will be an academic redshirt in 2018, Kirk Ferentz disclosed to reporters Tuesday. “Daviyon Nixon, who joined the program in January, he’ll be an academic redshirt. He will not be able to play on the field next fall. But he’s already done a good job jumping in here and transitioning,” Ferentz said at a press conference. “I’m really pleased he’s with us and he’s going to be very good football player for us, I’m confident in that.”

Nixon was approved by the NCAA to join the Hawkeyes roster for the spring 2018 semester. He was originally part of Iowa’s 2017 recruiting class, but he did not join the program last year due to academic issues. Nixon is listed at 6-foot-3, 306 pounds on Iowa’s roster. He had 44 tackles, 9 tackles for loss and 5 sacks during his 2017 season at Iowa Western.

Okay I am sold Miami should kick the tires on this young man's transfer. Even though it maybe to late for spring.

Go Canes

Then he needs to reach out to Miami's recruiting staff. Coach Baez and Coach DVD an get the ball rolling.

Go Canes

I mean why not. Kick the tires. Even if he had academic issues, sounds like he’s been working on it. We have people thst can work with him individually. It’s been done before.

Also, Simpson, MD, and the staff - I’d be willing to bet are well aware of him.

Advertisement
If we have 6 scholarships left, something like this would make sense, if we can land them:

Chigozie;
Hill;
Hunte;
Brothers;
Boykin;
Olaseni (or another OL I have not heard of).

Nixon would make a lot of sense to explore. We need to shore up the trenches and need 1 more LB as our depth gets much thinner after this year.

Is he going to Bama? Another thread mentioned Bama getting a DL transfer from Iowa that wasn’t being reported

I mean why not. Kick the tires. Even if he had academic issues, sounds like he’s been working on it. We have people thst can work with him individually. It’s been done before.

Also, Simpson, MD, and the staff - I’d be willing to bet are well aware of him.
Totally agree @OriginalCanesCanesCanes

We've gotten guys qualified. That were questionable. There are exceptions. When the coaches feel it's worth it.

Advertisement
Totally agree @OriginalCanesCanesCanes

We've gotten guys qualified. That were questionable. There are exceptions. When the coaches feel it's worth it.

Absolutely. We can point to very specific examples. You have to get them with an individual tutor if they need extra work, but it can be done. And in the end, if they follow the plan, they can play football, and actually end up being educated and having a better future overall. It’s happened before.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back