Portal TE likes Miami

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Do we really need to bring this kid in? Even as a PWO?

Baty considered Miami coming out of high school. The 6’5, 228-pound target attended the Virginia Tech and Notre Dame games during the 2017 season with his step-mom who is a Miami alum. Baty spoke about the experience of attending Hard Rock Stadium those nights. Miami won both games convincingly.

“My stepmom is a huge fan and is alum of the university so I went with her to the Notre Dame game and the Virginia Tech game, and it was really an amazing experience being in that stadium with that crowd, with the jerseys and everything…It’s amazing to have a preferred walk-on spot from there (Miami).”
1596483593792.png

Advertisement
Maybe if he wants to be a PWO tackle, but I say this without knowing how the numbers shape out.

Tackle? As in Offensive Tackle? Kid is listed at 228 lbs, at that weight he wouldn’t even be a decent scout teamer.

If he wants to be walk-on bring him in at TE.

As PWO, he wouldn't count against our Initial counters number and he could earn a scholarship that won't really cost the team anything besides one of the 85 (which we're not at yet anyway). Get mom and dad to pay the first year tuition and if he works out, give him a scholly.

Advertisement
Tackle? As in Offensive Tackle? Kid is listed at 228 lbs, at that weight he wouldn’t even be a decent scout teamer.

If he wants to be walk-on bring him in at TE.
Lmao gotta admit I didn't check his weight and just assumed he was on the heavier side because there is no way he would play TE for us.

He is not going to cost us a counter.

He is not going to count against the 25.

He is not going to count against the 85.

He is not even going to cost the U money because his family will not only pay his way, but be one of the small percentage of students who pay full boat.

Top teams have MASSIVE walk-on programs. You need a lot of bodies to run proper practices, ESPECIALLY in the Spring. Our walk-on program has been behind the same 8-ball as our baseball team because we are a private school with high tuition. We have a lot less kids than our public state-school competition.

If you think he's good enough to run some routes so the 3rd string QB can throw 100 balls on the sideline, or that he can sub in as a tackling dummy, you take him.

This is called FREE MONEY guys. Not debatable, and zero risk.

Advertisement
Back