Portal/Remaining Class Additions

skeeter

Junior
Premium
Besides the current commits, here's what I can see us bringing in this offseason…Alot of this depends on who comes back. I do not think TVD is back one way or the other, I also don't believe Parrish is back. So I'm operating under those two assumptions for starters.

Here are the NFL candidates with remaining eligibility, alot will depend on their decision as far as portal numbers (and NIL money offers ) go

L.Taylor
JHH
Kinchens
Rivers
J.Will
Restrepo (yes I think he can be a 6th/7th rd. pick)

So I think besides what we have committed right now at the moment we bring in. The parentheses are maybe

Definites
-HS CB (Lucas, long shot E- Rob)
-Portal Safety/DB
-Portal/Juco DT
-Portal QB

Maybes(3 minimum)
?HS RB (Lyle)
?HS OL (Ahfua)
?Portal OL (Center only, but I believe if Rivers returns he moves there)
?Portal TE
?Portal or HS DE (McConathy or a surprise)
?additional portal DB??
?additional Portal or HS DT

Possible de-commits: (pure conjecture/specualtion on my part…I think we will be ok with all these kids, I'm just saying, these are kids I can see big time programs coming after)
WR C-Rob
DT Jones
RB Riley (sounds solid, just think Auburn/SEC is going to come at him hard til the end)
LB Pruitt (no rumors thank god, but again…What if Saban turns up heat, they are recruiting him)

Besides seniors, I think we will lose or push out another 7-10 kids in addition to the NFL possibility just to make this all fit (Moss, C-Will, Dennis, Citizen, possibly J.Brown, etc…etc…probably a list of about dozen+ possibilities here). Anything else after that will be on a 1-1, give and take basis if we go to the portal

So basically between portal and possibly another couple high school commits…**I'd say we are looking for 7-11 additional new hs/portal players besides the current commits.** Then go from there if we lose some surprise kids (i.e. does a George or C.Young jump to a more wide open offense, which I hope not)

Advertisement
Restrepo would be better off going wherever tvd is goin.. NFL scouts gonna watch fsu film and be like nah im good

And where is Parrish going? He transferred in and unless he graduated (which is possible) he would have to sit out.. Either way I wouldnt be mad, we need to clear out that room for real..

Advertisement
Lee and Cohen both have eligibility left and are likely to head to the draft. Not sure JHH falls into the leaving early category but he's been here a while so nothing would surprise me there.

Advertisement
Restrepo would be better off going wherever tvd is goin.. NFL scouts gonna watch fsu film and be like nah im good

And where is Parrish going? He transferred in and unless he graduated (which is possible) he would have to sit out.. Either way I wouldnt be mad, we need to clear out that room for real..

That's my point on Parrish.

There is no way all of Parrish, Chaney, and Citizen are on the team next year. I think between 1-3 leave. With the most likely number being 2. JMO

Lee and Cohen both have eligibility left and are likely to head to the draft. Not sure JHH falls into the leaving early category but he's been here a while so nothing would surprise me there.

I didn't think they did, that's why I didn't list them.

These are definites to graduate and/or get drafted imo (even if they have a covid year or whatever)

Mcormick
Lee
Gore
Lich
Deen
Harvey
Cloyd
Couch
J. Davis
Parrish
TVD

(The NFL decisions above imo are LT, JHH, J-Will, Kinchens, Rivers, Restrepo)

Then coaches or the players themselves will have to decide on these back-ups (and yes I know I'm speculating and shouldn't be as I'm sure some of these guys are awesome teammates…(I'm not including any of this year's 1st freshman but who knows, especially at say LB)

(J.Brown, Chaney, Citizen, Skinner, Arroyo, Dennis, Sap, C-Wash, Redding, B.Smith (I really hope not), Horton (ditto), Kirk, C.Williams, Moss, Campbell, Flagg, C.Smith, Balom, M.Will, Freeley, Dav Brown) ….Some of these are more likely than others, but I think about 8-10 of these won't be on the team next year. Anyone else it would be an unexpected player that is a major contributor or talented young player that leaves under their own volition despite being in line for P.T.)

When roster's done I think we'll look at this next year, first number is my prediction, second number is a possibility as well... (and remember we are looking at between 26-28 frosh as part of these)

QB 3 (4)
RB 6 (7)
WR 10 (9)
TE 5 (4)
OL 15 (16)
Spec 3

DT 9 (8)
DE 8 (7)
LB 9 (8)
CB/Nickle 11 (10)
S 6 (7)

Last edited:
Advertisement
I know he wanted to be here in first place, so can we try and bring Patrick Payton home. He's been killing it.

Advertisement
I didn't think they did, that's why I didn't list them.

These are definites to graduate and/or get drafted imo (even if they have a covid year or whatever)

Mcormick
Lee
Gore
Lich
Deen
Harvey
Cloyd
Couch
J. Davis
Parrish
TVD

(The NFL decisions above imo are LT, JHH, J-Will, Kinchens, Rivers, Restrepo)

Then coaches or the players themselves will have to decide on these back-ups (and yes I know I'm speculating and shouldn't be as I'm sure some of these guys are awesome teammates…(I'm not including any of this year's 1st freshman but who knows, especially at say LB)

(J.Brown, Chaney, Citizen, Skinner, Arroyo, Dennis, Sap, C-Wash, Redding, B.Smith (I really hope not), Horton (ditto), Kirk, C.Williams, Moss, Campbell, Flagg, C.Smith, Balom, M.Will, Freeley, Dav Brown) ….Some of these are more likely than others, but I think about 8-10 of these won't be on the team next year. Anyone else it would be an unexpected player that is a major contributor or talented young player that leaves under their own volition despite being in line for P.T.)

When roster's done I think we'll look at this next year, first number is my prediction, second number is a possibility as well... (and remember we are looking at between 26-28 frosh as part of these)

QB 3 (4)
RB 6 (7)
WR 10 (9)
TE 5 (4)
OL 15 (16)
Spec 3

DT 9 (8)
DE 8 (7)
LB 9 (8)
CB/Nickle 11 (10)
S 6 (7)
I believe only 6 of those guys were honored today as Seniors - Lee, Lichtenstein, Deen, Cloyd, Couch and Davis. Will be interesting to see what some of these other guys that didn't get honored do. I can't believe Ladsen wasn't out there. Isn't he out of eligibility

I believe only 6 of those guys were honored today as Seniors - Lee, Lichtenstein, Deen, Cloyd, Couch and Davis. Will be interesting to see what some of these other guys that didn't get honored do. I can't believe Ladsen wasn't out there. Isn't he out of eligibility
Ladson will have two scholarships next year.

One of the crucialest elements will be McCormick's appeal for a 9th year. Game-changer.

Advertisement
Back