Portal changes coming

Good. About time. Guys shouldn’t be able to move all throughout the years. Hopefully there’s only a couple Transfer portal windows.

Advertisement
As soon as Nick Saban openly criticizes the NCAA they go into action…Wow..
Bro this always been in the works..why would the cream of the crop have a problem with how the portal has been? He’s arguably been the number 1 beneficiary of it..schools like Pitt..Wyoming..OU..GT etc etc are the programs being hurt..Top programs will always benefit from bad rules like this. I always found it hilarious when ppl thought this would bring parity to the sport..ppl thought teams would bamas or UGA with guys they got out of the portal who couldn’t see the field there were highly mistaken

I still believe that you should only be allowed to transfer for the following reasons:

1. Your head coach takes a new job or is fired
2. You’re transferring back home due to family being sick etc
3. Grad transfer

Under these rules, players would be guaranteed a 4 year scholarship.

I think having a tranfer window is a good idea, but I don't think it will play out the way people think it will.

Someone posted the scenario of a 3 QB competition to be the starter where 2 wind up in the transfer portal. When these young men enter the portal, they are likely no longer with the team. Having a transfer window isn't going to keep them on the team. They will inform the coach they intend to transfer when the portal window opens and withdraw from the team to keep their eligibility. They're not going to burn a year coming off the bench for mop up duty. Otherwise, they wouldn't be in the portal.

So, having a portal window won't decrease the number of transfers. It will make the coaches life easier to only have to manage the transfers within said window.

I don't agree with just one transfer. There's no reason to tie a student athlete to a school.

If an athlete doesn't play after transferring to a school, why should they not be able to transfer somewhere else? Who are they hiurting? If they do play, they could still transfer, but would have to sit out a year. So, that old rule still works.
The problem is for the all pros that go to better schools. Like the Pitt kid. Now Alabama. Has a farm system.

Advertisement
Agree on the window. I don’t care about the coaches, but I agree on the window.
Exactly! Do the coaches care about the players where a week after said player signs that LOI the coach bolts to another school or the NFL?

Don’t get people’s obsession to protect the adult professionals more than the student athletes who are the ones putting their bodies on the line and most have long term health consequences without a big financial payoff.

The transfer window part needs to get approved. You can’t just blindside coaches time and time again with major roster shakeups.
Why not? Coaches blindside players all the **** time by leaving when they say they are staying.

Tell you what. Implement a rule saying coaches can only leave during a certain window and I will be all ears.

Advertisement
Dabo and Saban wrote anonymous complaints because they don’t like the success of other programs lately

Transfer window is a good idea. I also think a rule for only 1 transfer is a good discussion to have. Don’t know how you guys feel about that but it will make kids think long and hard about transferring…. And once you’re in the portal there’s no turning back like the young man from Georgia.

Off topic but they should also allow kids to feel out the nfl interest like college hoops does with the NBA and allow them to return if they choose

1st transfer should be without a the one-year ineligibility penalty
2nd transfer and the player has to sit out one year.

I like the idea of letting kids test out the NFL like the NBA does.
This is the rule right now. Players are allowed a one time transfer without sitting out. After that one transfer, they can’t transfer again without sitting out unless it’s a grad transfer. I actually support the grad transfer rule because it essentially forces kids to have to graduate.

Advertisement
Back