Poppa Shaq - A Question

I think it is a combination of a few things. First I'm sure they are coached a bit... on what not to say. Secondly the coaching staff create a culture and if the kids buy in... they begin to echo or reverberate that culture. Like when we hear or fathers and mothers thoughts in the lessons we now teach. And the icing on the cake is, you bring in kids that are coachable on and off the field. Like D$ Money's Dad said to me ... you can tell the kids that have a good support system at home. From my encounters with other parents on the team... I would say a lot of our kids have a great support system at home ... I don't know them all of course but the ones I do interact with created a solid foundation for their kids, making it that much easier to be coached and assimilate into a culture of winning. I don't want to violate any of their privacy by saying names... but I thought my wife and I have done a great job with Shaq, but seeing some of the other interactions with Cane parents and their kids... I realize that my wife and I haven't done any more than a number of other parents. Getting off the soap box... a combination of a winning culture and kids that have bought in... is reflected in the interviews we see and I honestly believe its from the heart.

I swear nothing makes me happier to see these kids giving well thought and articulate interviews, it really has me impressed... mostly because I dont think I would have been that well spoken at 18-19!

Its not just 1-2 players either, I was hearing some of the backup WR's, even the DB's they brought in, all are just operating at a much higher level than I ever remembered a Miami player being at. Bravo to all.

It's just a 5 min interview, but the maturity they are displaying will pay off when they are doing real-life job interviews for sure.

a combination of developing maturity, good foundations, and communication guidelines on what not to say. Buying in on all aspects. For some of the younger class guys, you can hear that all come together if you hear some of their senior year hs interviews with guys like Pete and how they present themselves such a short time later relatively.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back