Poplar in Portal

awkward office space GIF

Advertisement
So his attitude and grades were fine when we won, but when we lose people come running with intel he has classroom issues... that is some ****...

The classroom issues didn't cost him games..

Soooo...you don't think that it has ANYTHING to do with him becoming complacent, and thinking that a Final Four player with a shot at the NBA might not have to attend classes any longer?

You think this is just an issue with posters taking **** "when we lose"?

You have got to be ******* kidding me.

Advertisement
None of that was an issue, people create narratives out of their backsides. If he was an academic issue, he wouldn't have maintained eligibility, L doesn't play that crap.

It's not a narrative.

You don't have to go to class to pass a class (I was a master at that).

But the Athletic Department has standards and sets policies. I know, I used to work for the UM Athletic Department as a tutor when I was an undergrad/grad.

It's not narrative. Wooga created his own problems for himself. Nobody said he was a "cancer" (that was just a bull**** word that @Angry Ibis injected into the discussion), but he was absolutely cutting corners and doing things he should not have been doing.

And, quite frankly, I don't give a **** what any poster thinks "should be overlooked" for an athlete. The fact remains, it was an issue, and it became a problem.

The fact that this kind of thing can happen with more than one player on more than one team doesn't make it "fake news" or a "narrative". I had quite a few non-athlete friends who didn't make it to graduation. This is not uncommon. Not sure why someone is trying to characterize this kind of occurrence as some sort of conspiracy theory.

Advertisement
Back