Poplar appreciation thread

edge

Junior
This kid has come so far. Last year he was out of shape and looked like a below average player. He was totally out of his element against Kansas. This year he is a different player physically and skill wise. One of the biggest one year transformations I can remember. Big props to him for putting in the work and Coach L for coaching up a raw player. We need him to step up again tonight. He probably is one of the keys to the game. Let’s get it Wooga!

Advertisement
This kid has come so far. Last year he was out of shape and looked like a below average player. He was totally out of his element against Kansas. This year he is a different player physically and skill wise. One of the biggest one year transformations I can remember. Big props to him for putting in the work and Coach L for coaching up a raw player. We need him to step up again tonight. He probably is one of the keys to the game. Let’s get it Wooga!
Wooga has made me rescind every dang comment I made during the Kansas game where I saw an awkward athlete on the floor as opposed to a high level basketball player. I still think his foot work and control could be improved upon but the young man has obviously put in a lot of work and plays like a basketball player now. Great job Wooga and staff.

Very very solid basketball player.
Big fan.
We are fortunate to have him.

0E06B14C-C1F7-4531-89F6-3F07D7C52103.gif

Advertisement
Wooga has certainly transformed before our eyes this season and has carried it into the tourney. He’s a big X factor tonight. If he can get his open looks and can hit them, adding points to his defensive prowess I love our chances tonight!!! Go Canes!!!

Wooga has certainly transformed before our eyes this season and has carried it into the tourney. He’s a big X factor tonight. If he can get his open looks and can hit them, adding points to his defensive prowess I love our chances tonight!!! Go Canes!!!
Spot on. He had a great season but not being able to his open looks yesterday really hurt us

Against Indiana Wooga dove to save the ball and landed on his tailbone. From that point on the Canes dominated that game. That was the catalyst moment that led to the Canes pulling away.

Against Texas Wooga made that play where he inbounded the ball off of a Texas player's back and got an uncontested dunk. From that moment on the Canes outscored Texas something like 37-17. That was a catalyst moment that led to the win over Texas.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back