Pope

Advertisement
Pope has been getting separation for few games now. We’re praising Pope like Harley if King threw a few deep pass better.

Just curious is he still a bust? Would love for the poster I argued with this week to plead his case. A bust doesn’t make a game winning play.
Brother, & I legit mean this in no disrespect or condescending way:

Pope was a borderline 5 star recruit. He’s one of our highest rated recruits, in general, in the last 5-7 yrs. The guy has not lived up to his billing. He’s not a game changer at the position, and making one “would be” game winning catch doesn’t change that fact. We’ve had a lot of game winning TD catches (see Langham).

Pope was great. Pope was matched up one on one against a scrub, and beating him for a TD is what 5 star recruits are supposed to do in their third year at WR. Wiggins dropped that slant, but otherwise had a great game. Harley was solid. Payton caught every pass thrown to him. The WRs did their jobs today
They have all stepped up since the DBS call out

Advertisement
Brother, & I legit mean this in no disrespect or condescending way:

Pope was a borderline 5 star recruit. He’s one of our highest rated recruits, in general, in the last 5-7 yrs. The guy has not lived up to his billing. He’s not a game changer at the position, and making one “would be” game winning catch doesn’t change that fact. We’ve had a lot of game winning TD catches (see Langham).
Payton actually was rated higher than pope on the composite and he’s been a bigger “bust” so far. Pope is in his first year as a starting receiver role and he’s making plays, playing more confident as the season goes on.

Advertisement
Payton actually was rated higher than pope on the composite and he’s been a bigger “bust” so far. Pope is in his first year as a starting receiver role and he’s making plays, playing more confident as the season goes on.
I agree w u on Payton; but the fact u have to throw out disclaimers for Pope validates my point. We’re not throwing out disclaimers for Waddle, Jeudy, Cooper, Julio, JuJu, TuTu, Ladson, etc. etc.

Mark is a complimentary WR; but he was heralded as a game breaker, a difference maker.

Advertisement
I’ve been hard on Pope but this is 100% true. Payton has had a very similar start to his career and they should not be looked at any differently in that regard.

One could easily argue he was not a 5 star. Way too small. That needs to be thrown out when discussing expectations.

Advertisement
there's now way i'm gonna throw shade at pope today ... he's a feel good story as you can clearly see his confidence is starting to rise

Advertisement
Back