Pope

Advertisement
He’s certainly playing better and I think he’s gained the confidence and is starting to put it all together mentally to make the plays he can moving forward.

I could be wrong but I think he buried a defender to set up a first down for Harley earlier, huge from him
(Correction: it was Brevin, still like his progress tho and hope he builds on his success)

Last edited:
Buddy was carrying the ball like a loaf of bread when he scored....
ric flair GIF

Advertisement
Just curious is he still a bust? Would love for the poster I argued with this week to plead his case. A bust doesn’t make a game winning play.
He has to make plays the rest of the year and the bowl game to come off my bust mantle but we didn't argue so I'll let you go off.

Just curious is he still a bust? Would love for the poster I argued with this week to plead his case. A bust doesn’t make a game winning play.
Expectations were VERY high for Pope, he was one of those crown jewels boderline 5 star guys who you expect to take the mantle and do work as soon as he gets on campus.. Like an impact player, dude was thought of very highly around the high school circuit so bust might be a strong word but he hasnt reached the level many expected..

Based on scheme and lack of playmaking depth and needing 11 guys on field he will play and get production, hope he closes his career strong and can be proud of it moving forward in his life.. That td to win will be up there I am sure

Advertisement
It's taken waaaayyy longer than it should have, but it appears the light is turning on for Mark. That's good, because we need him. Still glad he's not returning punts.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I wouldnt call him an all conference player either. he is average at best. if he stops dropping catches and learn how to tuck a ball away(everyone saw he almost fumbled the ball running after the catch) Hopefully he earns a degree cause he will not be playing on Sundays. That said great catch and run for TD

I for one appreciate ESPN showing that ****** camera angle of his go ahead TD and not showing any other angle on replay. ****s.

**** I loved the angle. When I saw the wide open field, I knew somebody was coming with the slant for a td. I yelled td before the ball was thrown.

Pope saw the crashing closing in on him and now he’s learning couple years left till punching a time clock for 40 years 7 days a week coming, wise to walk up.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Back