Pope & Harley

Advertisement
AT some point in competitive sports you get to a point of not wanting to embarrass yourself after doing it over and over again and that is your motivation to improve. This usually happens in elementary school or middle school and builds over your entire career, at least in the background later on when you become very proficient in the sport you are competing in. I don't get the sense that either Pope or Harley have reached that point yet and every week we see the same mistakes and yet what do they do about it? Does it even bother them?

I sat in a hotel room as a freshman while competing for UM wondering who paid for the hotel room I was staying in and why would they donate money to the school for me to perform as badly as I did that day. I literally felt guilty for my showing that day. My roommate started explaining how the entire athletic department raised funds and I said, 'no, who is the one person that donated to pay for this room and for this trip that I am performing this poorly on?" That was in the mid 80's but I know our football team didn't tolerate bad performances and I, in a different sport held myself accountable for my poor performance, but then you work harder to make sure that never happens again!

What the **** do Harley and Pope do, practice dropping passes? Do they play volleyball in their off time and forget that when they are playing football and think they are setting someone at the net? I am baffled that these guys seem to not grasp the one skill for the position that they play that is what makes that position different from all other positions. Play DB if you can't catch but can run fast, but don't play receiver. I am serious they should both play DB unless they can't tackle too. And punt returns? You cant catch a pass how the **** are you returning punts. We don't have anyone on our team, recruited from all over south Florida, one person that can catch a punt consistently?
We know Harley practices grilling for the camera:

Screenshot_20201013-073108_Chrome.png

That's about it.

Ok are you gonna magically pull new WRs out of your a$$ right now? I agree we shouldnt have holes at skilled positions but we have to roll with who we have right now. And I still think what we have is the 2nd best team in the ACC.

Lashlee just needs to get creative. More 2 TE sets, line up Cam or Knighton out wide, create pre snap movement with marcus clarke on jet sweeps, maybe even using Mallory Brevin and Hodges at the sametime. We have enough to get to the ACCCG.

Look at play around the conference. EVERYONE IS VERY BEATABLE!!!
Yeah this may have been the only thing with a chance to have worked. Spread the field and go empty back field. Match up 2 rb's with 2 lb's and beat their linebackers with out rb's. Jaylen and Cam could easily run past a LB. Hit one of them deep and we'd force the defense out of man to man. There is lots more space in zones for short underneath stuff.

But then again maybe it wouldn't have worked either

This scenario of continuing to put them out there is going to hurt us this season in recruiting.

If I’m a qb I need to see who I’m throwing to and vice versa. No Jen k owe if king is staying or going. But every time a back up comes in you put kosi. I doubt there is one elite receiver in the country that says “o he’ll yeah I’m going to Miami so he can throw me dimes”.

We need to show qb’s that we got elite receivers or show elite receivers that we have a passer.
We were trying to get Jeudy when kosi was committed while Bama had tuna and Hurts.
We want Brooks but Bama has Jones Daniels and Milroe.
At some point we have to throw tvd out there.

Advertisement
Yeah this may have been the only thing with a chance to have worked. Spread the field and go empty back field. Match up 2 rb's with 2 lb's and beat their linebackers with out rb's. Jaylen and Cam could easily run past a LB. Hit one of them deep and we'd force the defense out of man to man. There is lots more space in zones for short underneath stuff.

But then again maybe it wouldn't have worked either
Just have to do a better job at knowing where we have advantages. King our TEs and our RBs should be focal points.

Advertisement
Back