Pool Party thread!!!

Advertisement
Sorry should of elebrated...im not into trans women
dry-snitching-dry-snitching-everywhere.jpg

Advertisement
What? A kid that we don’t want and is committed to our rival got invited to this? That’s odd.

*runs for cover*
You’re fighting a battle that doesn’t exist. Ain’t a question of not wanting. It is a question of throwing heavy resources at this specific recruit in July when he hasn’t even OV’d anywhere. A question of where he ranks on the DT board and would he just shut it down if he committed to Miami.

Clearly him being at the pool party indicates FSU doesn’t care about that or he doesn’t care about their opinion on it. Miami probably would have a problem with being committed and showing up at an FSU event. So if he still wants to take visits better to be committed to FSU and save a spot at a school you like. I’d rather not be playing defense on a Lyons level recruit this early anyway.

Advertisement
You’re fighting a battle that doesn’t exist. Ain’t a question of not wanting. It is a question of throwing heavy resources at this specific recruit in July when he hasn’t even OV’d anywhere. A question of where he ranks on the DT board and would he just shut it down if he committed to Miami.

Clearly him being at the pool party indicates FSU doesn’t care about that or he doesn’t care about their opinion on it. Miami probably would have a problem with being committed and showing up at an FSU event. So if he still wants to take visits better to be committed to FSU and save a spot at a school you like. I’d rather not be playing defense on a Lyons level recruit this early anyway.

I’m just messin’ man, relax lol. No battle.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Inside Miami Recruiting: Buzz coming out of UM’s pool party​

The Miami Hurricanes closed out the summer recruiting period in style with an on-campus pool party that featured many top targets across the next few recruiting cycles. Miami wanted a laid back, family atmosphere for the pool party and it was mission accomplished with family members of recruits and the UM staff on hand to enjoy the wonderful South Florida weather.

News & Notes

- Cornerbacks coach Travaris Robinson deserves a lot of credit for getting five-star cornerback prospect Jaheim Singletary, who is committed to Ohio State, on campus this weekend. Georgia was also working hard to get Singletary on campus this weekend and the Hurricanes won that battle. This recruitment has a ways to go, but Miami is chipping away and leaning on the ace recruiting skills of Robinson.

- Quarterback commit Jacurri Brown is helping assist recruit the top targets and Singletary is a player he wants to join the class. “Jaheim grew up in Florida, so he knows the history of Miami and what this program is all about…honestly Ohio State is just cold and I couldn’t go somewhere that is cold if I grew up in Florida,” Brown laughed. “He will make the best decision for him at the end of the day, but I’d love for him to come to Miami with us.”

- Miami is trending up for four-star DB Markeith Williams with Ohio State viewed as the main threat. Getting Williams on campus was viewed as a big win for Miami and now the Hurricanes will look to get him back on campus in the future for an official visit. At this point, UM should probably be viewed as the team to beat.

- Follow the visits for DE Nyjalik Kelly, who has been on UM’s campus as much as any top prospect this summer. Kelly and defensive line coach Jess Simpson have developed a nice relationship with other members of the UM staff also showing Kelly plenty of attention. The feeling on Kelly is that the Hurricanes are in as good a spot as any program going into the college season. Now it is up to Miami to have some success and give him a reason to jump onboard.

- The Hurricanes like where they stand with LB Wesley Bissainthe right now, but the linebacker is going to take his time with his recruitment. Miami continues to be a steady presence and Bissainthe continues to visit campus at every opportunity. “It was good to be with the coaches one last time face to face before the season starts,” Bissainthe said after the event. “It was a laid vibe and we just came out and had fun and enjoyed spending time together. Miami is in my top group and I will drop a list of top schools next month and they will be in it.” The entire defensive coaching staff showed Bissainthe plenty of attention throughout the day.

- Three-star DL Daniel Lyons, who committed to Florida State earlier this week, was in attendance at Miami’s pool party and was shown plenty of attention from coach Jess Simpson. Fellow Homestead head school defensive lineman Dante Anderson also attended. Miami is not going to concede Lyons to FSU and fight for his commitment.

- DB Darius Thomas enjoyed spending more time with the UM coaching staff. He does not have a UM offer at this point, but hopes to get one at some point. Thomas would prefer to play safety, but his body type is ideal for Miami’s striker position. “Coach T-Rob is my favorite coach that I deal with,” Thomas said. “I have a great bond with him.” Thomas says Georgia and Florida State, both of whom have not offered to this point, are two other programs he is highly interested in.

- 2023 five-star CB Tony Mitchell has been in South Florida since Thursday and he enjoyed learning about UM and the area in general. “I learned about the history of the school and how they are trying to bring back the old Miami,” Mitchell said. “I think it is a great school and I could definitely see myself playing here.” Mitchell says he deals a lot with coach Travaris Robinson and he is impressed by his resume of producing top NFL Draft picks. Mitchell says he is “real close” with recent commit Trequon Fegans. Mitchell says he wants to play with Fegans at the college level.

- 2023 WR Jeremiah Shack is clear that Miami is his top school at this early stage in his recruitment. “Right now Miami is the school that I want to go to,” Shack said. “I am going to wait to make my decision, but they are at the top.” Shack lists Georgia, Georgia Tech, and UCF as schools also showing interest.

- Miami is the only school that has extended an offer to 2023 Tampa Catholic LB Corey Lucius at this point. Lucius enjoyed his time at the pool party and noted that he jumped off the high dive. “I learned a lot about the campus and the new building going up,” Lucius said. Growing up, Lucius says he was a fan of Ray Lewis. Lucius has impressive length and athleticism.

- Recent LSU decommit Jacoby Mathews out of Ponchatoula, Louisiana wasn’t at the pool party, but he is worth mentioning because he is a player the Hurricanes want to make a run at. UM was talking about getting him in on a visit during the June recruiting period, but that never materialized. Now that he is opening his recruitment, Miami will look to get in the mix and recruit him as a striker. Texas A&M is viewed as the team to beat.

- DL Anthony Lucas was also not at the pool party, but he remains a top priority on the defensive line. The Hurricanes feel like they are firmly in the mix and the hope is to get him back in South Florida for a game at some point during the fall.

Advertisement
Back