POLL - Will you attend a major sporting event this year?

Will you attend a major sporting event in 2020?

• Yes! Multiple times even!

Votes: 109 49.3%
  • Maaaaaybe one. Maybe.

Votes: 37 16.7%
  • Nope. (For any reason)

Votes: 69 31.2%
  • No, but I would like other people to think I have.

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Yes, but I don’t want anyone to know.

Votes: 4 1.8%

• Total voters
I personally will not be attending any sporting events at the current time, but respect the right of all conspiracy theorists, idiots, and people who have no fear of catching a potentially fatal disease to do so. Step up to the plate and lick the handrails on the way in!

Advertisement
I will go when there is at least an effective treatment. I'm fine with sitting a year out from nearly all extracurriculars/vacations and putting the money to work in the market.

The FSU game is on my pops bday too so it's definitely a disappointment.

If only my health was at risk i'd risk it, but it's not.

I'm a registered republican and have voted as such all my life. But you and my wife crack me up. So obviously, no I have not gotten laid in well over a month. Go canes!
I doubt you’re the Lone Ranger on not getting laid in over a month.

Advertisement
BTW- Had TV on in background while working from home. Frenk was on CNN earlier today. Said something to the effect that There will be classes in the fall. And I think (sorry really was concentrating on work) he mentioned that he expected there would be football as well.

To each their own. I’m not going to criticize anyone for their choice. Whatever choice one makes, I hope you stay safe and have a great time one way or the other.

Nope, I never do anyways and with HD TV what’s the point of being in a crowd full of idiots..maybe if I was big tailgater but I’m not so 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

The early poll results are shocking. Nearly 50% of our fans want to hide in a closet and avoid the 0.000020848% chance they catch this virus and die.

I have zero concerns about my own health. A lot of us have contact with older or otherwise vulnerable family members.

Not being concerned about that doesn’t make a person smart or tough, it make them a selfish ****.

Advertisement
I have zero concerns about my own health. A lot of us have contact with older or otherwise vulnerable family members.

Not being concerned about that makes a person a selfish ****.
I understand your point. But do you ever drive these older family members in your car? If you do, you're putting their lives at risk. To me, it's the same thing. I'm not advocating someone goes to the game and licks the seats, but go to a game, maybe wearing a mask or gloves? Sign me up. I will literally have a greater chance of dying driving to the stadium than by contracting the virus at the game. They're not going to pack 60k into the stadium, it will be prudently thought out to minimize the already minimal risks.

Nope it's too risky shouldn't be the only no choice. At this point I would say no, but not because I give two ***** about a risk that doesn't exist. I would say no because every plan I've heard so far as to the seating, concessions, entrance/exist of the game, etc sounds god awful and I'm not sitting there six feet apart from people with a mask on in the sun no less like a ****** goon. If people could attend normally, or at least almost normally, then yes absolutely I would go.
“Nope“ has been updated to reflect a broader range of diverse rationales.

I understand your point. But do you ever drive these older family members in your car? If you do, you're putting their lives at risk. To me, it's the same thing. I'm not advocating someone goes to the game and licks the seats, but go to a game, maybe wearing a mask or gloves? Sign me up. I will literally have a greater chance of dying driving to the stadium than by contracting the virus at the game. They're not going to pack 60k into the stadium, it will be prudently thought out to minimize the already minimal risks.

It's not even close to the same thing in my opinion. If you want to make it a fair comparison, make it driving your parents around after having a few vodkas at dinner.

An accident is a chance all of us take when we get behind the wheel. But increasing the odds of something bad happening is irresponsible. It's very likely nothing will happen. But putting yourself in that position, by choice, is just the wrong thing to do.

I can take extra precautions for just a season when the potential end result can be catastrophic for me and my family.

Advertisement
No idea, but if I had to guess I think season-ticket longevity Plus donor level, would be two of the factors. If that’s the case, I’m pretty sure I’m in. Unless they just limit It to something like five or 10% of the capacity. Then I don’t know.

If fans are allowed, it’s going to be an absolute logistical nightmare that is going to be well beyond the pay grade of anyone in the ticket office.

Yes depending on what happens with the first wave of people attending sporting events.

If people are scared, I might get some really good deals on tickets.

Advertisement
I will travel 1,250 miles to go to 4 games.
If the plan of the Man upstairs is to take me via Covid, so be it.

As far as those who choose not to, i respect that...
btw... where are your seats?

I will not attend any events until we have a vaccine. Besides any issues with people sitting next to each other at stadiums, restrooms could become the petri dishes for transmitting the virus. All those crowds in closed quarters standing next to each other. No thanks. I'll watch on tv.

Last edited:
0511-1008-1201-0060_Man_Shaking_in_Fear_clipart_image.jpg

I was planning on attending one of the Sept home games in Miami. Not anymore.

Assuming 'soccer' and rugby league allows crowds, I'll be watching Blackburn Rovers and Wigan Warriors this year. Probably a stretch to call them 'major sporting events' though!

Advertisement
Back