Poll: Tanking or Bowl

Would you prefer Miami tank going 3-9 with a change at HC & AD at seasons end or 6-6 making a bowl?

• Tank with guaranteed changes

Votes: 61 50.0%
  • Make a bowl

Votes: 61 50.0%

• Total voters
Tanking will do no good, Manny will be here minimum 3 years. I want to win and hope team turns it around. I also hope Manny at the end of the year to do what he needs to do. He does want to win

Advertisement
lol tanking does nothing in college. you need to win to recruit well otherwise you will just lose your seniors without replacing them with equal or better talent. your best hope is that this regime succeeds even if you have no hope

How and why would you tank in college? It's not like we get a top draft pick for it, we lose recruits. And if it's to get the coaching staff fired, I don't think the coaches or players are going to intentionally try to lose.

Lol there are people that believe a guy who retired from a top program wants to come take this job

people still think urban (if he even wants to come back) would take THIS job out of the offers he would have. we pay less than big schools do for a coach of his caliber (****, the most we paid is still 2 mill less for a coach of mullens caliber and 1 mill less than taggart) and were the most impatient fan base of the big schools. he quit two schools when the outside noise at both got too much for him to handle. imagine it here if he starts slow here since this situation is a bit different than the FL or OSU programs he took over.

How and why would you tank in college? It's not like we get a top draft pick for it, we lose recruits. And if it's to get the coaching staff fired, I don't think the coaches or players are going to intentionally try to lose.

also, why hate the staff so much that you want to lose. you should hope they figure it out so they can win and keep and attract more recruits. imagine hating a coach that you never met so much that you'd want your school to tank.

Advertisement
I'll never root against my Canes and I'll gladly call anyone who does an *******.

This is a stupid *** question.

Tanking ain't gonna land us 5-star recruits like it'd land NFL teams higher draft picks, and Diaz is gonna get 4 years. Let's focus our attention on getting James fired so he's not in charge of the next search where he'd end up promoting Enos.
Not about getting 5 stars it’s about getting rid of this weak *** coach. Diaz isn’t getting 4 years at this rate. Gtfoh thinking coaches have time like they used to.

People who think "tanking" will do anything other than make our situation worse are idiots
Conversely people thinking Diaz will win much less a title could be considered “idiots”. That’s what he was preaching about when he said TNM right or did you think something else???

Advertisement
This isn’t the NFL obviously but it is big business. The Dolphins are trying to ultimately win this way. I never will root against Miami but with the staff putting together dismal showings each week, I don’t have much faith in the coaching and AD. Rip me if you want...

A bowl game provides us with more money incase a buyout is needed.
On another note, Tanking for Meyer?

Despite my anger w this team and mgmt, I always hope for the best. Making a bowl and winning it would be a nice send off the remaining class of 16. And maybe it would help steer this chicken chit in the right direction. Smh. Can’t even believe this is a discussion; like I’m genuinely ****ed. We were all so hyped for this season and Manny gave us a false sense. F!

I don't even know why the thread is still going..tanking shouldn't even be an option especially if we have no 100% guarantee that Diaz will be fired or that he will fire his whole staff if we do tank. I would hope one of those scenarios would happen but its definitely not a guarantee. So in that case, we absolutely cannot tank.

Plus there is no way I could be a fan of a team who purposely tanks. I got better **** to do with my life. I feel bad for Dolphin fans who go to those games knowing the Dolphins have no interest in winning. Must have a pretty pathetic life. You live in South Florida and the weather is pretty great on a Sunday afternoon and you are wasting your time and money on a team that you know is trying to lose. I just couldn't do it. The day the Canes do that, I just wont go to game anymore.

It is just against my nature to Tank. Never ever Tank.

But I get why people want to...the worse Manny does this year and the next, the closer we get to a replacement.

But Manny has to bring it upon himself (which he just might). If he is truly an awful coach he will be gone soon enough. If he is not an awful coach or can at least return from this awful year then we, the fans, win regardless.

Advertisement
There is no tanking in CFB because it doesn’t net you high draft picks 😂 gtfo with that ****

Only issue with the tanking is if you thought the guys jumping out of the class last year was bad, we won't have any recruits left if we go 3-9

Advertisement
Who is going to tank and what for? Our players have limited time here, if we want to win this year a lot of things need to change.

Listen, I want us to win out and get some momentum for next season, but if tanking means we get a better coaching staff next year I'm for it. Of course it would be the same HC choosing the staff so I'm not sure much would change.

Can't stand where we are at as a program, but I wanna see us win every **** time no matter how bad we suck. Perhaps we can qualify for the Barrow Alaska Bowl or something stupid like that.

This isn’t the NFL obviously but it is big business. The Dolphins are trying to ultimately win this way. I never will root against Miami but with the staff putting together dismal showings each week, I don’t have much faith in the coaching and AD. Rip me if you want...
Congratulations, you just won the Dumbest Thread of 2019 Award!

Advertisement
Back