Poll: How has the Offensive Line performed this season

How has the offensive line performed this season?

• A bunch of fellas, hands in the dirt, dominating trenches!

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Serviceable

Votes: 63 35.6%
  • Marginal

Votes: 41 23.2%
  • Concerning

Votes: 38 21.5%
  • Awful

Votes: 23 13.0%
  • Total garbage doo doo wet diaper face splash

Votes: 9 5.1%

• Total voters
Advertisement
If Baxa wasnt out there making a fool of himself, this unit would be getting way more heat. Theyve got a long ways to go to get to even Coastal best. Hopefully theyre next seasons most improved unit.

Clark seems to have solidified the line. I don't think we had the right lineup for the UF game but we still rushed for more than 6 yards a carry. I would criticize the LB play (3 seniors not doing much) more than the young OL play as being a bigger problem.

10 sacks. We talking about this season, not just UNC, not Bethune...The season as a whole. This is FSU level of bad.

I'll add that between UF and UNC they obviously improved. But overall evaluation over a 3 game stretch, it is awful.

Last edited:
10 sacks. We talking about this season, not just UNC, not Bethune...The season as a whole. This is FSU level of bad.

I'll add that between UF and UNC they obviously improved. But overall evaluation over a 3 game stretch, it is 5awful.
I'm not going to argue your point. What I will say is that since the opener where we gave up 10 sacks and for the most part couldn't get out of our own way, this OL has improved significantly and I would expect them to continue improving. Having said that I would also expect some of the rough spots of game 1 to rear their ugly heads from time to time depending on the matchup. Overall I expect this OL to be a much better and greatly improved line by the end of the year.

Advertisement
If it was a graph it would be trending up.

Started in the toilet but it's gotten better. Level of competition has of course been the biggest factor, but they look cleaner and more in synch.

No more false starts for the most part and the communication and assignments seem much more fluid.

If I had to assign them a grade it would be incomplete.

Advertisement
They've played 3 games. Each game the performance has gotten better. It's kind of what you look for with such a young line. You're not going to find too many p5 teams starting two freshmen and two sophomores on their line. It just doesn't happen. Guess it says a lot about the previous staff's evaluations.

I voted concerning, they have gotten better and credit to the coaches for making adjustments but also the players for getting better, but it’s still not where it needs to be for us to compete with a top 15 team. We have to let better up front on both sides in order to be able to compete nationally.

If our line was line rating a girl at the bar... She started as a double bagger and now she's a single bagger.

Average overall performance so far. We started out trash but credit to coaches for making the lineup switch as they've looked much better, but sample size is still too small. I think they'll be a good overall unit by season's end at the rate we're going.

Advertisement
...then again we are equating our performance against Bethune as a significant achievement... we are talking about a high school team dressed in college colors

Last edited:
When we played a real line = looked like ****
Played a below average line (UNC) = Looked better, but did NOT dominate
Played a ****** line = Dominated more often than not, and second string dominated in 4th quarter.

Conclusion = We saw vast improvement going against lines that are nothing special and that was expected, but it's too early to tell if we have made that jump until we see how we produce against UT, UVA etc.

Outlook = The coaches recognized that they needed change and fixed RT, therefore I think we DEFINITELY be improved when we play VT

Advertisement
1. Overall coaching decisions made the oline worse against Florida but even with Campbell they were good enough for the offense to put up more points than it did.

2. Oline was dominant run blocking and above average pass blocking against UNC definitely good enough for the offense to put up more points.

3. dominant against Bethune... shocking.

Overall: The oline was good enough for us to be undefeated right now (3-0). The Head coRch being out coached, The Offensive coordinator being out coached, and the QB not getting it done are the main reasons we are1-2.

Advertisement
Back