Off-Topic Polio cases in NY

Advertisement
Advertisement
Whatever the ****** population, especially the very observant/orthodox/Hasidic population is doing with respect to vaccines, has virtually zero impact on the general population. I don’t even know why this is an issue.

I thought they got polio vaccines? At least a good majority of them. I’ve always heard they don’t get measles and HPV shots. Is that correct or has it changed?

Not sure how prevalent it is but patient zero for this most recent case happened to be an orthodox ***

Advertisement
Not sure how prevalent it is but patient zero for this most recent case happened to be an orthodox ***

Isn’t patient zero a foreigner that took the live polio vaccine outside of the US, which has not been available in the United States for at least 10 years or longer, and then came into the US. Has really nothing to do whether he’s ****** or not.

Isn’t patient zero a foreigner that took the live polio vaccine outside of the US, which has not been available in the United States for at least 10 years or longer, and then came into the US. Has really nothing to do whether he’s ****** or not.

I meant first case. Maybe that’s different than “patient zero”?

https://www.timesofisrael.com/first...early-a-decade-is-an-orthodox-******-man/amp/

Why is j e w a censored word here?

https://www.timesofisrael.com/first...early-a-decade-is-an-orthodox-******-man/amp/

The original article stated that the polio was brought into the country by someone who had received a live vaccine outside of the US. That’s pretty straightforward.

A few years ago I read an interesting take on Poliovirus. It proposed that Polio was caused by poor, unclean conditions etc. Something to that effect; that the rollout of the polio virus coincided with the declining conditions that propagated Poliovirus. It used supporting evidence that was sound IMO. I gotta find it again.

Advertisement
The original article stated that the polio was brought into the country by someone who had received a live vaccine outside of the US. That’s pretty straightforward.
“The patient in the new case, a young adult who did not recently travel outside the country, was hospitalized but is no longer, officials confirmed. Officials said the person had presented with paralysis but wouldn’t say if the patient was still dealing with that side effect.”

The patient that lives here was probably infected by a visitor from another country is the way I read the article.

Because we had a bit of antisemitism recently. The WW2 German party and it's leader are now both censored words also.

Advertisement
A few years ago I read an interesting take on Poliovirus. It proposed that Polio was caused by poor, unclean conditions etc. Something to that effect; that the rollout of the polio virus coincided with the declining conditions that propagated Poliovirus. It used supporting evidence that was sound IMO. I gotta find it again.
I remember something about it being in dirt. That as people become less around dirt then they stopped getting the little doses so their body wasnt building up immunity like it naturally would.

Advertisement
Back