Off-Topic Polio cases in NY

Advertisement
Advertisement
First one since 2013.

When I was a very young kid, I recall our family avoiding whole towns while on trips -- when a bad outbreak hit, people woukld detour off the direct highway route. Also, parents in front seat with "roll up your window" to me in the back.

Advertisement
We still average seven cases of the bubonic plague in the U.S. every year. In the U.S., most plague cases in people happen in two areas: Northern New Mexico, northern Arizona and southern Colorado, and another area involving California, southern Oregon and western Nevada.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Your link, if you had read it, said the polio case came from outside the US. So I don’t even know why you’re bringing up Orthodox Jews. Also, this factually had nothing to do with any no–vax movement. Yeesh.

Your question was about measles and mumps. Outbreak NY had before Covid was mainly Orthodox Jews.

There was big movement not long ago about parents not vaxing their children with the normal vaccinations we all got(measles, polio, etc). They presumed it was causing autism. I wonder if this is going to affect those kids now.

Didn't Michigan have a measles's outbreak not to long ago too.

Advertisement
There was big movement not long ago about parents not vaxing their children with the normal vaccinations we all got(measles, polio, etc). They presumed it was causing autism. I wonder if this is going to affect those kids now.

Didn't Michigan have a measles's outbreak not to long ago too.

Looks like it but not as bad as NY. The MI person caught in NY.

Advertisement
Back