Podcast w/ Derick Hunter & Carol City HC Benedict Hyppolite

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
DHunt.jpg

In this edition of the CanesInSight podcast presented by CanesWear, I am joined by new 2019 commit Derick Hunter, Jr. who says he wore a Hurricanes "onesie" the day he came out of the womb.

Carol City Head Coach Benedict Hyppolite, one of the best young coaches (27) in south Florida also comes on the show.

[SOUNDCLOUD]328119313[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Advertisement
I apologize for the audio on the interviews not being perfect. Neither of them have iPhones so I couldn't record it the way I normally do.

I apologize for the audio on the interviews not being perfect. Neither of them have iPhones so I couldn't record it the way I normally do.

lemme see, is it still free content? yes?

yeah I think your good Pete! lol

We appreciate it.

Appreciate both guests coming on.

Hunter seems like he's locked in (for what that's worth with a 2019 kid)

Hyppolite is universally respected down here -- and I don't expect CC to have a drop off.

Advertisement
Agree on M. Young. I think he's without question our #1 CB right now, on June 15th. That's not anything against the guys that just came in last month, Delaney and Dean, but they just got here last month. I thought Young played quite well down the stretch last season and all accounts were he had a very good Spring camp. Maybe Delaney and/or Dean will beat him out as our #1 during Fall camp, but Malek won't make it easy for them. He's gonna play. If Delaney and Dean are good enough to push Young to the nickle spot, then we've got a scary good group at CB (at least the starters).

Advertisement
I love Hunter's dedication and commitment to The U. I also like coach Hyppolite's reference to Miami as "we". Doesn't hurt to have a head coach at a feeder program to favor The U

Advertisement
Coach turned the podcast into a sermon. Love it! Let the board say Amen!

Did he speak on why Russell decommitted?
Yes, he said Macho felt like he would be better off with the Gators & Miami doesn't deserve a player of his talent.

He also shouted you out & said Vern is by far the best poster on CIS & the rest of us don't realize how valuable he is to the board.

Advertisement
Did he speak on why Russell decommitted?
Yes, he said Macho felt like he would be better off with the Gators & Miami doesn't deserve a player of his talent.

He also shouted you out & said Vern is by far the best poster on CIS & the rest of us don't realize how valuable he is to the board.

Did he really say that? If your not playing with me Im honored man..humbly honored..
MorenoTears.gif

Thanx Coach

Advertisement
Back