PODCAST: The "This is Fine" Offensive Recruiting Breakdown Ft. Kyle Liburd

View as article
@Stefan Adams @Kyle Liburd just can’t agree with y’alls points about DJ Williams and why he should be mad at Miami. Crowley was our guy then we had to reevaluate the board when he flipped just like all those other teams missed someone and had to reevaluate and found and started recruiting DJ. He was not number one on anyone’s board so once again to hold us to another standard is bull schit.

I don’t think Dj Williams is mad at Miami. I think Dj Williams clearly sees his hometown had him as a plan B option. We didn’t offer him after Crowley. We offered him after Crowley left and Auburn offered first. Just like it was a business decision for us to pursue MAR, McIntosh, Sanders, and Crowley before DJ, it is a business decision for DJ to consider the teams that went 11-2 and a SEC team with a national championship coach.

MAR & Thomas Brown need to gain a lot of traction in the in home visit tonight.

Imagine you are from Chicago. You want to work at Bain Chicago because your uncle worked at Bain Chicago. You interview for Bain Chicago and don’t get the job. That’s life. You take a smaller offer from a consulting firm in NC. But after a strong academic year, Bain NY offers you. Immediately after, Bain Chicago offers. Do you do what you wanted to do a few months ago or consider the context and timing of the offers?

I think we also mishandled his recruitment by not putting his official visit on the 14th - but I’m not sure how much of a choice that was for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
I don’t think Dj Williams is mad at Miami. I think Dj Williams clearly sees his hometown had him as a plan B option. We didn’t offer him after Crowley. We offered him after Crowley left and Auburn offered first. Just like it was a business decision for us to pursue MAR, McIntosh, Sanders, and Crowley before DJ, it is a business decision for DJ to consider the teams that went 11-2 and a SEC team with a national championship coach.

Imagine you are from Chicago. You want to work at Bain Chicago because your uncle worked at Bain Chicago. You interview for Bain Chicago and don’t get the job. That’s life. You take a smaller offer from a consulting firm in NC. But after a strong academic year, Bain NY offers you. Immediately after, Bain Chicago offers. Do you do what you wanted to do a few months ago or consider the context and timing of the offers?

I think we also mishandled his recruitment by not putting his official visit on the 14th - but I’m not sure how much of a choice that was for us.

Easy decision go with Bain Chicago, but tell them you want New York money otherwise your going with McKinsey Miami who offered a comparable NY level package to you last night.

Go Canes

That's because these kids are dumb as a box of rocks.

When I got into Yale, it was off the wait list. You know what they call me today?

Yale graduate.

In that scenario you take the Bain offer 100% of the time. If we are talking about BCG or McKinsey offering first, then that's a different story... Not sure the scenario you describe fits, but overall I get the point.

Advertisement
Not sure where all the talk about Williams being upset with Miami is coming from... Has anyone on this great messsge board read a single interview with him complaining about Miami offered late? Just curious lol. This has been one of the most quiet recruitments I’ve seen in a while yet everyone ‘knows’ something about this ‘spoiled, butt-hurt’ kid! We didn’t even get an interview from this kid when he left the official visit!!!!! Just hoping someone can point out where this rumor about him being upset about a later offer came from

He would be asking Dabo who da ACC daddy now. With the exact same players we had this year, Leach would have Miami in the playoffs. Just don't let him do any interviews.
usa_today_10437430.0.jpg
I disagree on the interviews statement. His interviews are great and should not be taken away!

That's because these kids are dumb as a box of rocks.

When I got into Yale, it was off the wait list. You know what they call me today?

Yale graduate.

Lol I went to a elite school as well. I disagree that these kids are dumb though. I just think Georgia is Yale compared to Miami right now, perception wise and Auburn happened to offer him before UMiami.

Hopefully Richt and Thomas brown made up some necessary ground

Last edited by a moderator:
In that scenario you take the Bain offer 100% of the time. If we are talking about BCG or McKinsey offering first, then that's a different story... Not sure the scenario you describe fits, but overall I get the point.

My scenario is a little different. McKinsey is UGA while I think both Miami and Auburn are Bain (7-5 teams with a lot of talent). If Noah Cain commits or signs to UGA, I feel a lot better about our odds to pull DJ.

Advertisement
@Stefan Adams @Kyle Liburd just can’t agree with y’alls points about DJ Williams and why he should be mad at Miami. Crowley was our guy then we had to reevaluate the board when he flipped just like all those other teams missed someone and had to reevaluate and found and started recruiting DJ. He was not number one on anyone’s board so once again to hold us to another standard is bull schit.
Blah blah blah

Excuses excuses excuses

Blame the kids blame the kids blame the kids

He would be asking Dabo who da ACC daddy now. With the exact same players we had this year, Leach would have Miami in the playoffs. Just don't let him do any interviews.
usa_today_10437430.0.jpg
Let the pirate interview he knows miami swagger.

Advertisement

Depends on what a recruit is looking for.is he looking at which name on the degree is perceived in the business world.or is he looking to which one best showcases his talents better.like advertising a product which one attracts future s
Cmr is trying to sell a product that doesn't look good.doesn't pass the eye test.and he can't use immediate playing time or if you come we will get better to lure him.it's year 3 and offense really hasn't improved a whole lot.we can't showcase his talents right now to possible suitors from the nfl.

Advertisement
Back