PODCAST: The Opening Recap ft. Tirek Austin-Cave

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Finally listened to the interview today. Tirek sounds like a bright young mind. So many positive indicators with him:

• Played through nasty shoulder injury
  • Athleticism
  • Production
  • Team mentality
  • Smarts and self awareness coming from a non-sheltered upbringing
  • Enrolling early and expecting to put on a lot of weight
The intangible aspects are a big reason why the clowns who evaluate off lists are such myopic fools. Star ratings don't inform you about a kid's will, his growth potential and other factors that determine the development of a prospect!

Advertisement
Finally listened to the interview today. Tirek sounds like a bright young mind. So many positive indicators with him:

• Athleticism
  • Production
  • Team mentality
The intangible aspects are a big reason why the clowns who evaluate off lists are such myopic fools. Star ratings don't inform you about a kid's will, his growth potential and other factors that determine the development of a prospect!
I agree 100% he’s gonna be a good player down the road he’s bright and has that football IQ

• Athleticism
  • Production
  • Team mentality

I’m saying this as someone who has talked to a lot of young men over the past two cycles: Tirek is the most impressive from a mentality standpoint and is also the most well spoken. Like I said on the pod, I knew he was Canes material from our first convo when he was offered

Great podcast Stefan! Absolutely love TAC; his athleticism, speed, moxie, willingness to put his team before himself, the list goes on and on. He’s going to explode this year and easily obtain his 4* for all the star gazers out there. He will come in at Miami and in my opinion take over the LB corps. I’m that high on his abilities and believe he’ll easily be a 3yr and done starter.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back