PODCAST: Scrimmage recap from EAST 12

View as article
Advertisement
Here is the podcast version of my livestream scrimmage recap if you have not had a chance to listen/watch.

Pete...

If the passing game struggles in any given game, could you see the O relying on the run game to bail our Canes out??

Pete...

If the passing game struggles in any given game, could you see the O relying on the run game to bail our Canes out??

That's a click bait question, lol. Bro offense haters are lurking.

I personally see the emergence of a run offense as a huge benefit to the passing game. It also will help grind down thinner opponents so we roll over them in the second half of games. I want to see Fletcher behind Rivers and Cohen steamrolling over guys to force the LBs to cheat up, then Arroyo or Ray Ray on a slant turn 5 into 15 to force the Safeties to fill the seam, then Harrell over the top for a TD.

We can be multiple.

I personally see the emergence of a run offense as a huge benefit to the passing game. It also will help grind down thinner opponents so we roll over them in the second half of games. I want to see Fletcher behind Rivers and Cohen steamrolling over guys to force the LBs to cheat up, then Arroyo or Ray Ray on a slant turn 5 into 15 to force the Safeties to fill the seam, then Harrell over the top for a TD.

We can be multiple.
Of course Miami can have a passing and running attack.

However, one will absolutely stall at some point, in some game(s) this season.

Can Miami pound the rock to help out the air attack? It's a key element of what the big boy teams can do and Miami hasn't been able to do in fohevah.

Advertisement
As I went to my car I saw a guy in the parking lot with a microphone and I was wondering what was happening. Guess that answers my question.

Of course Miami can have a passing and running attack.

However, one will absolutely stall at some point, in some game(s) this season.

Can Miami pound the rock to help out the air attack? It's a key element of what the big boy teams can do and Miami hasn't been able to do in fohevah.

Agree. I think we're finally there. I'd go so far as to say I'm less worried about the run blocking than the pass blocking because of our LT situation. If Zion or McCoy or Pancake can step in there and move Rivers inside, then I think we have a complete line that can do it all.

We can be multiple.
When you can run the ball well safeties start to chest in and that’s when you hit them over the top for chunk pass plays.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back