PODCAST: Recruiting Potluck w/ Stefan Ft. Michael Johnson Jr. and South Dade coach Rudy Trevino

View as article
Advertisement
Advertisement
Glad to hear Johnson say he intends to announce his commitment before the summer, specifically saying June at the latest.

Exciting as **** to imagine what our offense can look like with a supremely athletic dual-threat QB along with the freaks we're bringing in at RB/WR/TE.

Advertisement
I thought it was interesting he said June, too. But then he listed like 5-6 more schools he wanted to see before. sounds like a very ambitious agenda. Wonder if he really means that or if he is just saying that now....

Great podcast Stefan.. Coach Rudy was great..

The way that MJ spoke about Perry let’s me know that Perry may just be the QB who brings us that next national championship

@Stefan Adams Stevenson leaving South Dade to go to Southridge, how does that affect Miami's chances? seems like we were having good recruiting success at south dade.

Like another comment alluded to, I'd argue we actually have more pull at Southridge right now, so I'd say no real change or maybe even a better chance now. Only way it hurts is if it somehow breaks up a potential Ladson-Stevenson package deal to Miami.

Advertisement
Like another comment alluded to, I'd argue we actually have more pull at Southridge right now, so I'd say no real change or maybe even a better chance now. Only way it hurts is if it somehow breaks up a potential Ladson-Stevenson package deal to Miami.
Doesn't seem like there's much of a package deal anyways. We lead for Stevenson and trail for Ladson.

Nice interview. I did NOT like some of the questions for MJJ. I thought the questions should be more open ended. How did your visit go? Where are you in the recruiting process? I think that gets more honest and in depth answers

I thought Stefan was putting him on the spot asking him if he thought about committing while visiting. A bit intrusive. Like kind of pushing him to commit. What did you expect him to say? NO, "I didn't think about it at all."

Again, nice interview. Keep improving your game.

Advertisement
Nice interview. I did NOT like some of the questions for MJJ. I thought the questions should be more open ended. How did your visit go? Where are you in the recruiting process? I think that gets more honest and in depth answers

I thought Stefan was putting him on the spot asking him if he thought about committing while visiting. A bit intrusive. Like kind of pushing him to commit. What did you expect him to say? NO, "I didn't think about it at all."

Again, nice interview. Keep improving your game.

I have talked with Mike a few times now and have a pretty decent idea of his personality. I would not have asked him the commitment question if I didn't think he could handle it or it would make him feel uncomfortable. I don't think anything about his answer indicated he was put off by it and he answered it well. And yes, he could've answered it no, other guys have in the past.

He's intimated to me many times about his love for Miami and just flew 5 hours across the country to visit. I don't think asking something like that was out of line, but just my opinion.

I also did ask how his visit went, I believe that was the first real question.

I do appreciate the honest feedback.

Getting the Johnson interview is a big deal, I think. This is where this site distinguishes itself from the mainstream reporters.

I’m not a journalism editor, but I thought the questions were fine. When you can’t see faces and body language it’s hard to tell if a question seems right or wrong by just listening, at least to me.

The big takeaway to me was his timeline for committing. That’s huge. It’s what you would normally expect from a QB and I’m glad he’s going to get this done no later than summmer/fall.

Advertisement
Back