PODCAST: Pitt of Despair ft. Coach Duasso

View as article
Advertisement
I do not agree with their observations. Miami was unprepared and it showed. If Roche is not off sides its a different game really? Miami had one offensive play the King 56 yard run. How did one off sides change that? I guess with that logic if Dabo does not try the 61 field goal before half then its a bigger blow out. If this game was an outlier for Miami then you have a point. Manny has yet to prove that he can fix the penalties and lack of discipline.

I do not agree with their observations. Miami was unprepared and it showed. If Roche is not off sides its a different game really? Miami had one offensive play the King 56 yard run. How did one off sides change that? I guess with that logic if Dabo does not try the 61 field goal before half then its a bigger blow out. If this game was an outlier for Miami then you have a point. Manny has yet to prove that he can fix the penalties and lack of discipline.

Against elite competition. Penalties have been down all year.

Advertisement
Miami loses 19 times out of 20 to those dudes. It is what it is. To get that "one", you have to play your A+ game.

Instead, again, Miami played their F game, and that's being generous. That's how you lose by 25.

Play your A game, you might win or have a 1 score game in the 4th quarter. Play your F game, you lose by 4 scores every single time. They're a lot better. Better players, more continuity, better prepared, playing at home with the best QB prospect maybe since Peyton Manning. I still don't think that's the best Clemson team of the past 5 years, maybe I'm wrong. But bottom line, they're awesome, and we went up there and--completely unprovoked in most cases--shot ourselves in the foot. Again. Manny is the head of the snake, ultimately this all falls on him. That's just how it works. But at some point you have to have some good, smart football players. Hitting the golden child of the sport in the ******* head when he's well on the ground in the middle of the field on their home stadium, when just holding up has them in a 3rd and 20 situation....you're not beating many teams playing like that. But you're sure as **** not beating Clemson at Clemson. Dumb mistakes once again and our WRs being more abused than a POW in a foreign prison are just too much to overcome.

I could be wrong but is Duasso the scum who took a bag from Ufag for Marshall

Advertisement
That offsides may not have changed the outcome, but it might have impacted the score.
I think that was a big momentum swing in the game. We went from having the ball tied to being down 7. Would we have won probably not, but we may have been in the game longer. Clemson was clearly the better team, but IMO they were spotted basically spotted 14 pts.

Anyone who thinks an offsides on the first drive of the game determined the outcome of the game needs to stop discussing football. Ridiculous take.
Nobody said the penalty determined the outcome. But With a team as fragile as Miami, its fair to say that particular offsides, which kept the D on the field and led to a td, set them down the path to a loss.

Once this team starts to press we immediately get penalties, freelancing and boneheaded decisions. Look at that screen pass where their entire OL just sits... out front 7 thought they had a clear path to the QB. Their heads weren’t in the right place... and that penalties is where it started

I could be wrong but is Duasso the scum who took a bag from Ufag for Marshall
You are wrong. I sponsor his 7n7 team, know his well, and that is not true. He got flack for Jobe (unwarranted), because he gave him congrats on twitter when he committed to Bama. People attacked him, forgetting that he coached Jobe since his youth football days, and somehow believed he should have written him off because he spurned Miami.

Advertisement
You are wrong. I sponsor his 7n7 team, know his well, and that is not true. He got flack for Jobe (unwarranted), because he gave him congrats on twitter when he committed to Bama. People attacked him, forgetting that he coached Jobe since his youth football days, and somehow believed he should have written him off because he spurned Miami.
gotcha thanks for that.

Nobody said the penalty determined the outcome. But With a team as fragile as Miami, its fair to say that particular offsides, which kept the D on the field and led to a td, set them down the path to a loss.

Once this team starts to press we immediately get penalties, freelancing and boneheaded decisions. Look at that screen pass where their entire OL just sits... out front 7 thought they had a clear path to the QB. Their heads weren’t in the right place... and that penalties is where it started
Team as fragile as Miami? Our supposedly “elite” Defense? Set them on the path to a loss? Not buying those excuses. However, for argument sakes, let’s say that is true, it only solidifies how bad the coaching staff is that it can’t right the ship on the next drive.

Team as fragile as Miami? Our supposedly “elite” Defense? Set them on the path to a loss? Not buying those excuses. However, for argument sakes, let’s say that is true, it only solidifies how bad the coaching staff is that it can’t right the ship on the next drive.
Anybody who thinks anything about this team is elite doesn’t know what “elite” means. Have you watched the last 5 years? Have you not seen this team shlt the bed vs less talented teams? This has been as poorly coached team as any in the P5.

Advertisement
If the penalties and mental mistakes were down the game is likely closer.
Doubt we would’ve beaten them but at least make it more respectable and have the narrative be about how well we played and the direction we are headed Instead of turning the entire broadcast into a Clemson suckfest.

We seem to have a problem with young linebackers just like we had a problem with young safeties and db’s the past few years.

We gave the best team in cfb almost 100 extra yards and had 2 players ejected and played the first half without a starter and we’re still “in it” as far as the score at half time. We also had an interception in the end zone and another one that could’ve went for a big gain.

Not taking anything g away from them. Maybe our mistakes were also frustration over not being able to stop them and that’s also to their credit.
Mistakes can happen when your outmatched talent wise and resort to playing outside of what you capable of.

So while it’s a bad look to say that one play can change the game it’s also not fair to say that cleaning up mistakes would have zero impact on the perception and final score. Not all loses are the same and I think that in part is what they were saying.

Coach Jose Duasso and I react to the Clemson loss, talk what it means for the program and the season going forward, and give our thoughts how the team can get back on track vs. Pitt this weekend.

Always appreciate the content. Question/suggestion: is it possible to add timestamps that show the topic being discussed? i.e. 10:00-D'Eriq King, 20:00-Pitt's defense, etc. Maybe could increase listeners as people could go to a specific point in the show

And also totally agree on TAC. Hope to see him and Brooks out there more consistently. Man, those 2 guys w/ Frierson, Smith, and Bolden on the field at the same time? I'm sure would be fun to watch

Advertisement
Back