PODCAST: Once Upon a Fall Camp ft. D$

View as article
Advertisement
That Rousseau news really sucks. It isn't unexpected but ****. He's probably the best player on the team. Hope he plays but I understand if he opts out.
Yeah that's the first I heard of this having some potential to happen. Is this legit? Or are we just talking out loud knowing his mom's profession?

Advertisement
If Rousseau opts out he’s not a 1st round pick. One sophomore season doesn’t cement your status. This is the money-maker season, where everyone in CFB knows the name and opposing coordinators will do everything in their power to stop him from applying pressure. He’d be a fool not to play at least part of the season, and show scouts that he’s not a one year wonder like garvin, but only time will tell.

That Rousseau news really sucks. It isn't unexpected but ****. He's probably the best player on the team. Hope he plays but I understand if he opts out.
Like said on podcast, just our luck. We finally get a legit impact top 10 player and dude misses freshman year, starts 6 games during reg season then bounces.. ugh.. I would even take him coming back til after the clemson game, lol.. fucccccccccccccccccccck

I hope what d money said about Ivey isn’t just homer speak

I love D$ but he has a history of hyping lots of players, which I don’t mind. I’m not sold yet on Ivey even though I was high on him when he arrived.

I love D$ but he has a history of hyping lots of players, which I don’t mind. I’m not sold yet on Ivey even though I was high on him when he arrived.
Can't disagree, but D$ also has a history of being fair and balanced. I don't think he ever hyped a player just to hype them. I think he believed what he said going by what he saw/projected. He's just been wrong on some guys. We all have, though.

Advertisement
I got depressed after that Rousseau bit and cut it off. He has one year of tape, even playing a few games opposite of Roche would benefit him so much...

he has like 8 games of tape and had a season ending injury the year before. It’s his choice. But this is misguided if he thinks he has enough tape to be a top 10 pick.

Yeah that's the first I heard of this having some potential to happen. Is this legit? Or are we just talking out loud knowing his mom's profession?
Sounds like D is trying to get us ready for some bad news

Advertisement
I mean, shouldn’t surprise no one. More and more players will be opting out.
Exactly. It won’t just happen to Miami. Many teams will be playing without their top player(s). Adjust accordingly. We are deepest at DE so if Rousseau does opt out, next man up. Clemson is the one team that gets their top guys to return for school when they clearly shouldn’t, etc. Lawrence and Etienne are two guys who should clearly opt out. So that means they will 100% play .

He’ll be a first rounder regardless if he opts out I promise. 6’7 guys that athletic don’t just grow on trees. The only thing playing this season would do for him his lock him the the top 5. He’s going in the first 10 or so picks regardless

Advertisement
Exactly. It won’t just happen to Miami. Many teams will be playing without their top player(s). Adjust accordingly. We are deepest at DE so if Rousseau does opt out, next man up. Clemson is the one team that gets their top guys to return for school when they clearly shouldn’t, etc. Lawrence and Etienne are two guys who should clearly opt out. So that means they will 100% play .
That’s not 100% either people around there are sweating bullets..

I would think we would get Rousseau news as fall camp starts tomorrow

Advertisement
Back