PODCAST: Miami-Toledo preview

View as article
Things i took from the podcast...
Weird instrumentals.
Harig messed up the Arkansas score vs. Toledo.
Phillips imediate family is still rooting him on.
Phillips barely plays on offense with a veteran WR corps in front of him.
Not sure why he isnt worried about the defense... Our LBers against your RBs is our most important matchup other than your DL vs our OL.
Right where we want you doesnt have anything to do with the Hurricane that affected your community but rather Miami is the least proven team in the top 25 and has played no opponent better than us yet so this game will still be the toughest opponent to date. Also, hot and muggy is your thing but a lay off without conditioning could actually give Toledo an edge in that dept. I want to count cramps and see how we fair. We played Florida to open 2013 and we were wayyyy more prepared for the 95 and humid than they were.

Advertisement
Jesus Christ. It's one thing for the message board fan to be an idiot. But even Toledo's "professionals" are delusional.

Weird instrumentals.
Not sure why he isnt worried about the defense... Our LBers against your RBs is our most important matchup other than your DL vs our OL.
Right where we want you doesnt have anything to do with the Hurricane that affected your community but rather Miami is the least proven team in the top 25 and has played no opponent better than us yet so this game will still be the toughest opponent to date. Also, hot and muggy is your thing but a lay off without conditioning could actually give Toledo an edge in that dept. I want to count cramps and see how we fair. We played Florida to open 2013 and we were wayyyy more prepared for the 95 and humid than they were.

Are you serious? The reason we are "unproven" (I'll dismiss the fact that we're on a 6 game winning streak) and Toledo is our toughest opponent to date is BECAUSE there was a facking hurricane that caused us to miss 2 straight games ****head!

Weird instrumentals.

What's your podcast called. Can't find it on iTunes.

Last edited:
There's like two units on the team that are "unproven." Unless you completely ignore everything those units did last season.

Advertisement
Weird instrumentals.

I started out with great respect for Toledo coming to play an away game at Miami. But Harig and now this guy truly believe this is a match that of equals. It LOL delusional. I look forward to seeing our boys pounding the crap out of these wannabes.

Weird instrumentals.

Are you serious? The reason we are "unproven" (I'll dismiss the fact that we're on a 6 game winning streak) and Toledo is our toughest opponent to date is BECAUSE there was a facking hurricane that caused us to miss 2 straight games ****head!
Dude i get thats why you didnt play! But whatever the reason was... Say it was teams were too scared of you and forfeit instead? Or the south florida power grid went down for 2 weeks... The point is, the circumstance is you have only played 1 game and that hurts you physically and makes our team a believer... More so than if you were 3-0 and knocked off FSU the week before. WE HAVE ZERO REASON TO BE SCARED OF A TEAM THAT BEAT BETHUNE COOKMAN 41 TO 17....

No one in Toledo or anywhere is happy a hurricane hit florida? I have family down there, heck lots of Toledo fans on our board live in south florida. To spin it like we are lucky destruction hit you is ignorant. We are just in a spot where emotions are high for you guys and our guys should be at least conditioned to stay in the game.

If you have superior athletes? So be it. The game will be a blowout then. I personally dont see Miami blowing out a top 50 team.

And again... I have never stated that we will win? I do believe we belong on the same field though.

Weird instrumentals.

Dude i get thats why you didnt play! But whatever the reason was... Say it was teams were too scared of you and forfeit instead? Or the south florida power grid went down for 2 weeks... The point is, the circumstance is you have only played 1 game and that hurts you physically and makes our team a believer... More so than if you were 3-0 and knocked off FSU the week before. WE HAVE ZERO REASON TO BE SCARED OF A TEAM THAT BEAT BETHUNE COOKMAN 41 TO 17....

No one in Toledo or anywhere is happy a hurricane hit florida? I have family down there, heck lots of Toledo fans on our board live in south florida. To spin it like we are lucky destruction hit you is ignorant. We are just in a spot where emotions are high for you guys and our guys should be at least conditioned to stay in the game.

If you have superior athletes? So be it. The game will be a blowout then. I personally dont see Miami blowing out a top 50 team.

And again... I have never stated that we will win? I do believe we belong on the same field though.

We blew out a top 15 team in wvu in the bowl game... every win we had last year was by 2 tds or more with every loss except va Tech was by a td or less(3 of the losses was by 1, 3, and 7 respectively. Bcu scored 13 while were playing a very vanilla defense. That was the worst our defense looked since diaz took over, dont take too much from it at all

Weird instrumentals.

Not saying your happy about the hurricane, not getting that vibe from you.

But that jerk off from Scout coming out and saying that sounds pretty sh1tty. Got us right where you want us cause we haven't been able to play due to more urgent matters taking precedence? **** that guy.

Advertisement
I don't understand the "chances are better against 1-0 vs 3-0" argument. So if this was the opening game of the year, the chances would be even better?
Toledo is not even close to being as talented as Miami. Anybody not acknowledging the giant talent gap is just being dishonest. So there needs to be something else for Toledo to have a chance. Miami coming off the emotional high of FSU would maybe be a "something." Miami turning into a bunch of out of shape Amy Schumers simply because they haven't played in 2 weeks, is not that "something."

Miami will win this game easily while covering the spread. Toledo might keep it close early on but we will wear them out with our size advantage (particularly running game), massive athletic advantage and the weather.

42-17 sounds about right.

I don't understand the "chances are better against 1-0 vs 3-0" argument. So if this was the opening game of the year, the chances would be even better?
Toledo is not even close to being as talented as Miami. Anybody not acknowledging the giant talent gap is just being dishonest. So there needs to be something else for Toledo to have a chance. Miami coming off the emotional high of FSU would maybe be a "something." Miami turning into a bunch of out of shape Amy Schumers simply because they haven't played in 2 weeks, is not that "something."

Exactly. For some reason a lot of people are acting like these guys sat on their asses and ate candy for 2+ weeks. In reality, most of these guys were still running and/or working out during that time off, with the obvious exception of a few days because of the hurricane. The players haven’t suddenly gotten way out of shape. Will they maybe start off somewhat slow due to having not played an actual game in three weeks? It’s possible, but I’m simply not buying that conditioning will be much of an issue, if any at all.

Advertisement
Weird instrumentals.

We don't belong on the same field though. Miami is superior in every way. The only reason this game may be even slightly close is because of the layoff Miami has had. Otherwise it's a 3-4 TD blowout win. Toledo is the type of team a P5 team should schedule for an opener. Still doesn't mean we belong on the same field. I expect a sloppy game from Miami with lots of penalties, poor tackling, missed assignments, and an out-of-rythym offense but I still expect them to win by 14+

Weird instrumentals.

We don't belong on the same field though. Miami is superior in every way. The only reason this game may be even slightly close is because of the layoff Miami has had. Otherwise it's a 3-4 TD blowout win. Toledo is the type of team a P5 team should schedule for an opener. Still doesn't mean we belong on the same field. I expect a sloppy game from Miami with lots of penalties, poor tackling, missed assignments, and an out-of-rythym offense but I still expect them to win by 14+

Eh it was still a 3 score win....

Advertisement
Back