PODCAST: John Campbell and offensive line talk

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
CBA82CAF-B567-4A0C-903B-145EB9A819FF.jpg

In this edition of the CanesInSight podcast presented by CanesWear, Miami's newest commit John Campbell joins the show to discuss his decision.

I also break down Miami's offensive line for the 2017 season with CIS' resident O-Line guru Chris Courcy who makes his return to the podcast.

[SOUNDCLOUD]332030100[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Advertisement
Advertisement
[QUOTE=Peter Ariz

It's literally the quiet period. You'll get your fix soon with paradise.

Peter,make something up we can live with that until camp.

Great podcast again Pete. Will you and your posse beat Paradise to provide us first hand info?

Advertisement
Phschye ward huh?......loved our crazies from the 90's..early 00's. ......sign em up,..coach em up, turn em loose!!

Liking where we going with this!!

Advertisement
JC isn't a man of many words, but comes across as mature. I liked that he wanted to be done with recruiting so he could focus on the upcoming season. And that he wants to learn under Searels even though he knows Searels will be tough on him. I know he had some technique issues where he was exposed in camps. But I love Campbell's highlight reel and think the St Louis compares are spot on. He's going to develop into a real asset for us with a red shirt year.

I agree 100% with Coach Courcy on the OL this coming season. Fans are too critical of McDermott and Darling, they're players finally playing their best position. I draw the analogy to basketball. There are the truly transcendent guys that can make a play from anywhere on the court. But most of even the HOFers specialized and built up a muscle memory and comfort making certain shots or passes. Even if McDermott physically should play guard well, mentally he's just better at left tackle, same with Darling at guard. Both needed another year under Felder, too. ... on the other hand, unless the Brown kid can play, we're going to miss Odogwu. We need more depth.

I think McDermott and Darling will earn their living being Guards in the league. Then again, I know nothing when it comes to OL. If you had told me Brandon Washington would not be a starter a Guard in the NFL right now I would have lost money. Thought he was the prototype.

Advertisement
Great podcast. If our O Line can be he best unit on offense then we're in great shape to win 10 plus games

I think McDermott and Darling will earn their living being Guards in the league. Then again, I know nothing when it comes to OL. If you had told me Brandon Washington would not be a starter a Guard in the NFL right now I would have lost money. Thought he was the prototype.

I think you're right on Darling, but again, he needs to work harder on his S&C. Not sure where McDermott plays in the NFL. He just looks better as a player at LT even if he physically looks more like a guard. ... I'm with you on Washington. But I don't think his athleticism was the problem, but what was between the ears. That whole 2008 Northwestern crew other than Spence under-performed their talent level.

Advertisement
Back