PODCAST: He Said Dominate ft. Brad Tejeda and Joaquin Gonzalez

View as article
Advertisement
Just WOW! Nothing said was wrong. This should be required listening for coaching staff and players. Culture is huge problem last 15 plus years. It starts with the coaching but goes down through the least player on the team.

Advertisement
Good stuff. Except for when Joaquin kept calling Coach Justice by the wrong name when he continously referred to him as Coach Justin. Other than that Joaquin's message about player accountability and details being important is very valuable.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Bruh this interview was A1

Joaquin sound like me. I wanna coach but if these kids anything like the kids of my youth group and my son I ain’t gonna make it.

bruh we used to get murked at practice and don’t be slacking coach was bringing the heat

BTW props to Joaquin for the Robert Frost reference from Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening.

Excellent interview. Joaquin actually is saying many of the same things we've been saying. I especially enjoyed hearing him talk about accountability and how he perceived/feared the coaches and genuinely feared letting his teammates down. When Joaquin played there was clearly an unmovable standard that everyone had to elevate themselves to achieve, players, coaches, everyone. And if you didn't meet that standard there were real consequences. Some really good lessons in this for Manny and the entire team.

Advertisement
Excellent interview. Joaquin actually is saying many of the same things we've been saying. I especially enjoyed hearing him talk about accountability and how he perceived/feared the coaches and genuinely feared letting his teammates down. When Joaquin played there was clearly an unmovable standard that everyone had to elevate themselves to achieve, players, coaches, everyone. And if you didn't meet that standard there were real consequences. Some really good lessons in this for Manny and the entire team.
Just like when it was stated by I believe Ed reed about you even played through injuries because your spot was never safe. They’d see a teammate injured and say that sucks for you.

Just like when it was stated by I believe Ed reed about you even played through injuries because your spot was never safe. They’d see a teammate injured and say that sucks for you.
Yes. Michael Irvin has spoken to this also. That spirit of competitiveness is rooted in a standard that we are all accountable too, and that extends above even the head coach, but the head coach upholds that standard for his staff and the entire team, demands everyone to come up to it, and takes corrective action where necessary. When he talks this but then does not act on it, he has revealed himself to be a weak leader and his undercharges, will smile and talk sweetly about him because the real pressure to get better, to meet the standard, has been lifted, but he will have lost them and the culture and performance of our team will continue to stagnate and suffer.

Manny literally brings in social media brand managers to teach the kids how to be an individual on social media.

Its crazy to me how people are excited about all the changes being forced in college football like profiting off of ones image.

More narcissism and self absorption and individualism is not going to help this team. Especially not with these coaches.

Advertisement
Nothing was said we already didn't know or suspect. The coaching isn't good enough, players aren't mentally tough, and social media is too much of a distraction for them. Joaquin's most important point was that he feared his coaches and its obvious nobody fears Manny in that locker room.

It's amazing how so may praise this mindset and attitude yet hate the man who instilled it. Lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back