Podcast featuring Tyquan Thornton

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2018 Booker T. Washington wide receiver Tyquan Thornton joins the show to discuss opening up his recruitment and his Miami offer.

[SOUNDCLOUD]327154416[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Advertisement
He honestly sounded to me like there was a specific offer or two he's waiting on. Not buying that he was a fan of ours growing up either. Kid is the goods, but not holding my breathe.

He honestly sounded to me like there was a specific offer or two he's waiting on. Not buying that he was a fan of ours growing up either. Kid is the goods, but not holding my breathe.

Miami just started on him give them time.

Advertisement
Agree w the above reference interest...said we are not at top of his list. Didn't sound too happy to have the offer in my opinion...his dad is a fan tho. Difficult to ascertain without body language tho.

I heard he was a Gators fan growing up. I cant say for sure but it sounded like "Yes" was just the appropriate answer at the time when asked if he grew up a Canes fan. Kinda like Uhhh....

Being recruited as the 4th person at your position in the same class isn't for the faint of heart.

Can confirm his dad works on campus at UM

I think you guys are looking too much into what he said about Miami being at the top. A kid who just decommitted from a school isn't going to be naming leaders the next day. He was trying to keep thing close to the vest. Miami is definitely in the mix

Advertisement
Actions are louder than words right now for this kid... they all pointing to Miami!

If he has a legit offer he better not play poker too long. That's all I'm saying. If he wants to come here he'd be well served to get in while he can. They won't wait around forever on him

If he has a legit offer he better not play poker too long. That's all I'm saying. If he wants to come here he'd be well served to get in while he can. They won't wait around forever on him
He has a legit offer & they would accept his commitment if he wants in.

Advertisement

The two go hand in hand. If they wouldn't accept his commitment, then he doesn't have a real offer.

My point is that the offer almost certainly has an expiration date. And that expiration date arrives as soon as soon as some other WR jumps on the final spot.

The two go hand in hand. If they wouldn't accept his commitment, then he doesn't have a real offer.

My point is that the offer almost certainly has an expiration date. And that expiration date arrives as soon as soon as some other WR jumps on the final spot.
Depends on which WR, Moore has been turned down 3 times & Kevin Austin could be headed to Clemson or ND.

He was just offered a few days ago, hasn't had any visits yet, so it's not like he has to commit in 2 weeks or else.

Yup. You're both right. The next step I'd imagine is we will see Thornton pop up on campus a few times. If he does it soon we will know the interest from his side is legit. But I haven't heard anything from UM's side that suggests he is not interested.

Advertisement

Depends on which WR, Moore has been turned down 3 times & Kevin Austin could be headed to Clemson or ND.

He was just offered a few days ago, hasn't had any visits yet, so it's not like he has to commit in 2 weeks or else.

I don't claim to know how many times Moore tried to commit. I don't know Moore, and I wasn't there for any of the attempted commits. If Moore can't commit, then he doesn't have an offer.

However, there are other WRs with actual offers. And if 1 of them commits in a couple days, then Thornton is on the outside looking in if we believe the hard cap on WRs for 2018.

Sometimes in life when opportunity knocks you better open the door and not try to be a poker player hotshot. That's the cold hard truth. Sometimes, you don't have the leisure of taking a bunch of visits and exploring all your options.

Bruh, has that "Moore was turned down 3 times" been confirmed? I have to believe the kid has more pride then that. And if that is true, if I were him, I would move on permanantly.

I would take Austins commitment but according to Pete, we would deny him too.

So is it just between Xman and TThornton for that last spot?

Either way I think what Chise' is saying is that if XMan calls Richt and says he wants in, we will probably start sending Thornton straight to VM. So if he wants in, he better not wait until NSD or until we find some other diamond in the rough at some camp.

Advertisement
Back