PODCAST: D$ recaps spring game and talks team

View as article
I hear your analysis of Jarren Williams and raise you this thread: https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/jarren-williams-scouting-report.128656/ :thumbsup-kid:

Also enjoyed the recognition of Hightower's nuances as a route runner and at the catch point. He obviously has the size and body control but deception - varying speeds, using subtle movements to conceal his route and turning his head/eyes at the last second - is the trait that makes him special.

Advertisement
I listened again, it is great insights.. I do question your belief in CMR as a great offensive Coordinator and play caller.

Thanks for the kind words.

Just to be clear, I'm not commenting on Richt's playcalling skills. I'm saying that Richt is an offensive coach. He wants a QB who will execute his calls with accuracy and timing. I don't think he'll settle for 54% accuracy if he has faith in a younger player.

Unlike last year, I think we'll have competent options at QB if whoever the starter is struggles. Perry/Weldon were green, Sherriffs was hot gahbage, and Williams wasn't here (or even committed, I don't think) at the time. No way 54% keeps his job this year.

Advertisement
Great post. I understand CMR is a conservative by nature but his vanilla strategy and lack of creativity on Offense could be his biggest down fall. He relies too much on talent and does not think outside the box to run a more effective Offense.
I completely agree. I worry with all weapons we have on offense, that he doesn’t try and get more creative.. Pro sets and Fullback is great for the Midwest but, we have so much speed on the outside, it would be great to go to the old Dennis Erickson 5 wides and dare teams to keep up.

D, How did Robert Burns look? Will CMR be able to find roles to keep the skill position players happy? I'm concerned about him managing a roster full of players who are thinking 3 and out.

Advertisement
D, How did Robert Burns look? Will CMR be able to find roles to keep the skill position players happy? I'm concerned about him managing a roster full of players who are thinking 3 and out.

He is looking good. Stayed healthy which is most important. He is going to have a battle with Cam Davis when he gets there.

Advertisement
Back