Podcast #54 - Savage Season with Jon Ford

View as article
Advertisement
6'7", 300?!

Did this kid play any OT in high school?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lots of people mentioned the likelihood of him growing. I think it was his recruiting pictures where his family members were all giants.

Kinda big for a DT, no?

I don't know anything about his wingspan or feet, but that is prototype OT size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm amazed this wasn't brought up sooner , smh

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sounds like a grown man already. He will be ready in 2018. Give him a RS and i am 100% confident he will be ready to roll if we lose a few DTs to the draft. LOL @ the posters talking moving him to OT already without even giving Kool a chance to see what he can do with him. Probably the same people who wanted Norton moved to OG after his freshmen year. Smh.

You know you're gifted genetically when you're 300 pounds and look svelte.

I don't know how good he's going to be because he didn't dominate at the HS level despite being so gigantic. Not sure about his motor. But he should be the first guy off the bus.

I don't know how good he's going to be because he didn't dominate at the HS level despite being so gigantic. Not sure about his motor. But he should be the first guy off the bus.

Not to mention the coin toss

Pete do you know if Richt or any of the coaches listen to the podcast? and which ones? Any feedback from them to you on the food job your doing with this?

Advertisement

At the HS level from the games I saw of Dillard, he was a "play down to the comp" kid. When they played STA or Ely he was a manchild. I saw him against STA his Jr year and he, Aaron Thompson, and Jordan Wright dominated STAs Oline. They controlled the LOS all game.

So as it stands today, we can count on him when we play FSU, LSU, or any other game when the lights are on..Kool will have to get him into the habit of playing every game like its the natty or unfortunately he wont play.

kid is just naturally big. He wont look his weight ever. Especially when he gets in to ums weight program. I expect him in rotation by sophomore year. Just like Jassid stated he would show up for the big games...looked bored in others. Him and Gaynor will have some battles in practice I tell you that much.

Few takes

1) Ford is a behemoth and is going to make an impact earlier rather than later
2) Pete puttin in that work bringing Bethel in a day after he's offered. Always a good sign when a kid comes onto the podcast
3) Harley told all of y'all who said he was gonna be redshirting to kick rocks, kid's competing for playing time now

Advertisement
Big Jon Henderson Ford gonna be a real problem under Kool.

Advertisement
Back