PODCAST: 2022 Recruiting Board Spring Breakdown - Offense ft. D$

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
D$ and I run down the names to know on the offensive side of the ball and profile where UM stands with their top targets in the 2022 class, who may be rising on the board, and where things could progress from here heading into a summer of official visits.

Advertisement
That offensive player pool is subpar. Sounds like a year where we take an extra defensive player or 2 and hit the portal hard again.

@DMoney or @Stefan Adams, What is the word on Mike Jackson from Palmetto? Is he as good as Tutu? I don't want to miss on another guy like that bc he's not "prototypical".

That offensive player pool is subpar. Sounds like a year where we take an extra defensive player or 2 and hit the portal hard again.

@DMoney or @Stefan Adams, What is the word on Mike Jackson from Palmetto? Is he as good as Tutu? I don't want to miss on another guy like that bc he's not "prototypical".
Definitely a weak year on offense in Florida. Appears we're in a good spot for Quan Lee.

**** sounds like a weird year for offensive recruiting

But we’ve kinda loaded up the last 2 years so hopefully we can load up on D this class

Advertisement
No mention of Kaden Helms at TE....definitely not good news. He must be a silent commit to OU as there's a couple CBs there. If Gibson is trending to UF that's problematic for us, given the lack of WR options in SFla this cycle. Wondering how strong is DMortimer commitment to FSU? Potential flip....yes or no? Bond would be a monumental win for us given that Bama is bringing him in for an official visit, along with the hometown school UGA...won't be easy at all to get him. We need to lock down Quan Lee and Ibieta as soon as possible, then full court press guys like Bond/Mortimer.

No mention of Kaden Helms at TE....definitely not good news. He must be a silent commit to OU as there's a couple CBs there. If Gibson is trending to UF that's problematic for us, given the lack of WR options in SFla this cycle. Wondering how strong is DMortimer commitment to FSU? Potential flip....yes or no? Bond would be a monumental win for us given that Bama is bringing him in for an official visit, along with the hometown school UGA...won't be easy at all to get him. We need to lock down Quan Lee and Ibieta as soon as possible, then full court press guys like Bond/Mortimer.
And we'll see what happens with the Horton kid from Nashville when he OV's in June

Trying to be optimistic since it’s May and kids will start contact and visiting next month but something is up with our recruiting. Something doesn’t feel right. Not performing on the field this year will be brutal to this class.

Advertisement
It’s weird offensively because it’s an absolute stink show locally for offensive recruits.

Now defensively it’s another story. If we don’t see movement during and after June on the defensive side it would be worrisome.

Trying to be optimistic since it’s May and kids will start contact and visiting next month but something is up with our recruiting. Something doesn’t feel right. Not performing on the field this year will be brutal to this class.
Weirdest year ever due to Covid for recruiting. Not worried about it. Manny has said he wants to stop having so many decommit. I expect us to get a couple under the radar guys in this class if paradise camp happens.

We got our QB and the two 2021 RBs can hold us over if needed. I'm not as worried about TE and WR as normal because of how good our 2021 guys are. I hope we don't settle given the weak local class, and take real talent there even if that means fewer guys in the class than we want. The 2023 group looks to bounce back strong.

It's the local OL that have me most worried. Justice has his work cut out for him, and I hope they have all hands on deck there. We cannot have another year like when the only guy we took was Tre Johnson. Too many misses already, have to always be overstocking the big uglies.

June's gong to be full of fireworks. Let's go!

We got our QB and the two 2021 RBs can hold us over if needed. I'm not as worried about TE and WR as normal because of how good our 2021 guys are. I hope we don't settle given the weak local class, and take real talent there even if that means fewer guys in the class than we want. The 2023 group looks to bounce back strong.

It's the local OL that have me most worried. Justice has his work cut out for him, and I hope they have all hands on deck there. We cannot have another year like when the only guy we took was Tre Johnson. Too many misses already, have to always be overstocking the big uglies.

June's gong to be full of fireworks. Let's go!
As far as the state of Florida goes it seems Leyton Nelson & the Daughtry kid are the prime targets. We're gonna need to gas up the jet asap for Justice so he can see these OOS kids.

Advertisement
Thanks for the podcast. Nice to get back into some recruiting stuff after all the craziness. Great job🙌🙌🙌

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back