PODCAST: 2022 Recruiting Board Spring Breakdown - Defense ft. D$

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
D$ and I run down the names to know on the defensive side of the ball and profile where UM stands with their top targets in the 2022 class, who may be rising on the board, and where things could progress from here heading into a summer of official visits.

Advertisement
Advertisement
No mention of dj wesolak, 6'6" d end from Missouri who seems to be pretty high on us & has an OV in June.
Kid himself told canesinsight he was about 6-3.5 yesterday.Very mature kid,got the feeling if Clemson or Georgia don't give him the green light when he visits them,he then picks miami.

Advertisement
Great breakdown of the prospects.

We got to go with 3 LBs. We are in dire need of difference makers at that position.

Also given the talent pool this cycle we need to use more schollies on the defensive side. Take an extra CB, LB, n DL.

The out of state CBs and Graves are very intriguing. I like Safeties that can play CB, it's always plus.

Is Mullens not on our board?

Thanks for the update guys, always great content!

No mention of Mullens of @JOE'CANE brought out??? Not sure what that means, keeping things under wraps or not pushing for him? I doubt the latter because I've seen in circles that we're pushing for him.

I think we can take 2 LBs this class and then go 3 or 4 CBs with 1 safety...I'd be more than good with WB & DT at LB/STR.

Deerfield DT is a must get, D$ analysis of how the Auburns can go toe to toe with the Bamas was spot on, guys like this are a necessity if we want to take the throne from Clemson

I'm good with either or of MarkeithW or KWilson....at one point it looked like MW was Bama bound but TRob is making an impact....I said before that 1 safety is all we need but if both guys want in, you take both no questions asked and figure out the numbers later. They are both that big time.

DE Kelly and Anderson
DT Tarber and Lyons
LB Bissainthe and Tolan
STR Lathan
CB Spells, KRogers, and Mullen
S MWilliams and KWilson

That's 14 spots counting QB JBrown/RB CBrown....how many takes on OFF and how many portal spots?

I say 7 more HS OFF players, leaving 4 portal slots.....3 WRs, 3 OL, 1 TE from HS...

No mention of Mullens of @JOE'CANE brought out??? Not sure what that means, keeping things under wraps or not pushing for him? I doubt the latter because I've seen in circles that we're pushing for him.

I think we can take 2 LBs this class and then go 3 or 4 CBs with 1 safety...I'd be more than good with WB & DT at LB/STR.

Deerfield DT is a must get, D$ analysis of how the Auburns can go toe to toe with the Bamas was spot on, guys like this are a necessity if we want to take the throne from Clemson

I'm good with either or of MarkeithW or KWilson....at one point it looked like MW was Bama bound but TRob is making an impact....I said before that 1 safety is all we need but if both guys want in, you take both no questions asked and figure out the numbers later. They are both that big time.

DE Kelly and Anderson
DT Tarber and Lyons
LB Bissainthe and Tolan
STR Lathan
S MWilliams and KWilson

That's 14 spots counting QB JBrown/RB CBrown....how many takes on OFF and how many portal spots?

I say 7 more HS OFF players, leaving 4 portal slots.....3 WRs, 3 OL, 1 TE from HS...
Throw Chris Graves in that corner room

Advertisement

DE Kelly and Anderson
DT Tarber and Lyons
LB Bissainthe and Tolan
STR Lathan
S MWilliams and KWilson

I'd take more DL but your pretty spot on

DE Kelly and Anderson
DT Tarber and Lyons
LB Bissainthe and Tolan
STR Lathan
S MWilliams and KWilson

We need at minimum 3 lbs with 2 of them being ilb. I’d like us to take 4 lbs (striker included as a lb imo) and 4-5 cbs with 2 being physical cbs that can always be moved to striker or safety if needed

Advertisement

DE Kelly and Anderson
DT Tarber and Lyons
LB Bissainthe and Tolan
STR Lathan
S MWilliams and KWilson

We need to consistently get two 5 stars, with minimum 10 4 stars and the hidden 3 star gems every cycle to compete with Clemson

Clemson’s 2020 class had five 5 stars and 12 4 stars

Throw Chris Graves in that corner room
That's right I forgot about him...but then who do you drop....OR....do you take Mullen-Spells-Graves-(KRogers if he wants in).....take 2 WRs in 2022 so that coaches can move 2021 CB/ATH Malik Curtis to his more natural and explosive position of WR come spring of 2022....

Another reason why I am one that thinks it is imperative that we cannot lose more than 1 WR to the portal this year. But that's a diff story for a diff day.

That's right I forgot about him...but then who do you drop....OR....do you take Mullen-Spells-Graves-(KRogers if he wants in).....take 2 WRs in 2022 so that coaches can move 2021 CB/ATH Malik Curtis to his more natural and explosive position of WR come spring of 2022....

Another reason why I am one that thinks it is imperative that we cannot lose more than 1 WR to the portal this year. But that's a diff story for a diff day.
Out of that group I'm dropping Mullen for Graves. Mullen IMO has the least physical upside athletically & we currently lack guys with the type of traits Graves has.

Advertisement
Back