PODCAST: 2021 Defensive Coaching Staff Is Set ft. D$

View as article
Advertisement
Amen brother and spot on! Here’s some necessary reading for dumb@ss no football knowledge mouth breathers like you @ssvir and your cronies flake James and manure Diaz. Learn something! Lol
You just don’t get it *******.

I am not a fan of Manny Diaz.

I'm an alum, season ticket holder, donor to football, and donor to the business school.

I want my team to be successful ... I just don’t spend my days on CIS complaining in EVERY SINGLE POST.

Last edited:
You just don’t get it *******.

I am not a fan of Manny Diaz.

I am a alum, season ticket holder, donor to football, and donor to the business school.

I want my team to be successful ... I just don’t spend my days on CIS complaining in EVERY SINGLE POST.
Cool story bro, 8-3 bro, lisp and slide bro, flake James bro and onward and downward to football **** we go “bro” 🖕

Right! Manny's success here was more so due to the turnover chain than his defense, and he didn't even invent the chain but gets credit for that too. He's all "smoke and mirrors" or should I say "chains and rings"

Advertisement
I appreciate and like your podcasts, however, I felt like you were doing damage control on this one. Who are the CBS that DVD has pulled or helped pull? LBs? He is a rookie cutting his teeth on the front line. Simpson bailed after one year, and had dynamic issues w the Diaz boys who kept him at arms length; how committed is he? Baker was in charge of the worst LB play I have seen at any level...my K Land 55 lb team had LBs that knew what to do. He and Manny Golden had 5 years to teach Mccliud where to go and what to do and failed. Neither can recruit either. They co created the D that had the worst P5 performance in the history of college football...IN HISTORY!! Manny’s resume as a HC w Baker at DC is that, two bowl losses, and losses to the FIUs and La Techs if the world...no signature win. Like the players sticking up for Baker when we were out front w our torches? Oh wait, their weren’t any. He is worthless and having him around is a culture killer. Why, because Manny has not held anybody accountable for performance...players or staff. Calling plays is a cop out to appease the fans. Time and distance were obviously his plan because now it ok his buddy Blake Dnofrio is here. TRib is a big time hire and quite frankly too good for the D staff. Who coached Baxa and Feagles...was it Patke last year...I don’t recall. He did great creating our punter and PK. Too bad he couldn’t even teach one player on the roster to catch a punt. You think kids come here to play or win championships? How bout the coaches? Because I don’t see a championship staff, do you?

I appreciate and like your podcasts, however, I felt like you were doing damage control on this one. Who are the CBS that DVD has pulled or helped pull? LBs? He is a rookie cutting his teeth on the front line. Simpson bailed after one year, and had dynamic issues w the Diaz boys who kept him at arms length; how committed is he? Baker was in charge of the worst LB play I have seen at any level...my K Land 55 lb team had LBs that knew what to do. He and Manny Golden had 5 years to teach Mccliud where to go and what to do and failed. Neither can recruit either. They co created the D that had the worst P5 performance in the history of college football...IN HISTORY!! Manny’s resume as a HC w Baker at DC is that, two bowl losses, and losses to the FIUs and La Techs if the world...no signature win. Like the players sticking up for Baker when we were out front w our torches? Oh wait, their weren’t any. He is worthless and having him around is a culture killer. Why, because Manny has not held anybody accountable for performance...players or staff. Calling plays is a cop out to appease the fans. Time and distance were obviously his plan because now it ok his buddy Blake Dnofrio is here. TRib is a big time hire and quite frankly too good for the D staff. Who coached Baxa and Feagles...was it Patke last year...I don’t recall. He did great creating our punter and PK. Too bad he couldn’t even teach one player on the roster to catch a punt. You think kids come here to play or win championships? How bout the coaches? Because I don’t see a championship staff, do you?
This was the worst defensive performance in P5 history ... Baylor had a 4th string QB that was a WR running wildcat 90% of the game after the 3rd string QB went out with an injury.

Yes, rushing D was the worst
This was the worst defensive performance in P5 history ... Baylor had a 4th string QB that was a WR running wildcat 90% of the game after the 3rd string QB went out with an injury.

I stand corrected, that was worse. Thanks for pointing out. The worst in hurricane history, unless you prove me wrong again. . Lol.

Do people actually believe that Baker was running the exact same defense Manny was when he was DC? If so, what exacty about the scheme is outdated? I'm asking because it seems like the majority of people on this board throw the word scheme around because they see others saying it. It's no different than people that were simply saying Miami needed to go "spread" and that would fix all of their issues offensively. They never clarified what type of spread to run, what would be the philosophy of the spread offense that would work here. It was so simple that simply being in a spread formation would result in success with SoFla afleets.
There are a few things that baker did different but it's still from the same "scheme". Things I noticed that were different were the obvious softer zones especially early in the game. The delayed blitzes were also something baker used more than diaz. Are defense is about getting big negative plays without giving up big plays. But we played in zones that were too soft behind the fire zone blitzes. Playing some more man and zones that aren't so soft would help. We also run a two read system where the nickel,striker and safeties are responsible for two gaps. It can be exposed by teams in the spread that run inside well. When those guys misread and also miss tackles we get the unc game.

I think manny knows we might be doing less two read defense and play more man. That's what I think the plan is with getting trob. Getting simpson will hopefully get the dline to play with better gap integrity. We might play the dline a little tighter. That should slow down the inside zone plays that killed us against unc. Manny's a better play caller than baker and he's good at adjusting his scheme. I hope he can find a dc he can trust to takeover. I think trob could end up dc if things go well

Advertisement
A bunch of Mongoloid Trolls here always constantly posting negativity. Diaz turned the Donofrio Defense which was the worst in the Country into a consistent top 15 Defense, with the exception of last year. If he would have had King as QB, an average punter and average kicker, his first year he would have easily had 10 wins. He hired a totally new Offensive staff, got a Grossa kicker and punter, and managed to get top 10-15 recruiting class for two years in a row. He got rid of Rump and hired the best DB coach available in TRob. He also hired one of the best DL coach available in Simpson. Also had two loses in regular season, one was to Clemson. How many loses did Saban have in his first 5 years? How many loses did Dabo have in his first 5 years? Look it up and then head to your Gator Troll hole.

Think these are super optimistic takes, Diaz didnt leave and just come back.. You cant go to his last year being DC like the last couple years didnt happen, like UNC didnt gape his defense before the nation. The Scheme is dead, Manny has been here, ITS BEEN HIS SCHEME. It worked in 2018 with different players, now it doesnt.. Doubling down isnt the answer. Things evolve and change, if a guy like Saban has to evolve or die with all the top player access and resources available to him, why do we have to be tied to a scheme that "worked" years ago but has been on downward trend, ******* evolve and bring in some professionals if you only know this scheme

In 2019 when things were going sideways, Manny in media said he was gonna be more involved, Some even said he took over at that point, this season Manny made it clear he spends **** near whole time on defensive field, he is already running show, he is HC, Baker wasnt running something Manny didnt approve of, we needed fresh eyes who could get more out of defense. This was lazy move, but not surprising. We will see how we look first game next year
While I don’t disagree with the premise of your comments I doubt we “see” the first game against Bama what the defense will be like for the 2021 season - good or bad. I think it’s the remaining 11 games we’ll get the report card on Manny, and his ability to do both the HC and DC duties.

While I don’t disagree with the premise of your comments I doubt we “see” the first game against Bama what the defense will be like for the 2021 season - good or bad. I think it’s the remaining 11 games we’ll get the report card on Manny, and his ability to do both the HC and DC duties.
How can we not hold Diaz accountable to a team that is replacing OC, QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, OT, G, C while being DC here for over 6 years with his own players while bringing back like 9 starters on defense? His team, his own recruited player, his scheme, here for years, older players playing against an entirely green qb for bama and mostly new players.. How sad is that, 9 months away and we cant hold them accountable?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back