PODCAST: 2021 Defensive Coaching Staff Is Set ft. D$

View as article
Advertisement
06F17200-9C37-4DB3-AB2B-90ADC814EB93.jpeg

Coaching THE “LINEBACKERS” IS A VERY IMPORTANT POSITION, just like DEFENSIVE LINE AND DB‘S it’s unclear , “who is this coach “ at UM
and is this coach “worthy” ?

Think these are super optimistic takes, Diaz didnt leave and just come back.. You cant go to his last year being DC like the last couple years didnt happen, like UNC didnt gape his defense before the nation. The Scheme is dead, Manny has been here, ITS BEEN HIS SCHEME. It worked in 2018 with different players, now it doesnt.. Doubling down isnt the answer. Things evolve and change, if a guy like Saban has to evolve or die with all the top player access and resources available to him, why do we have to be tied to a scheme that "worked" years ago but has been on downward trend, ******* evolve and bring in some professionals if you only know this scheme

In 2019 when things were going sideways, Manny in media said he was gonna be more involved, Some even said he took over at that point, this season Manny made it clear he spends **** near whole time on defensive field, he is already running show, he is HC, Baker wasnt running something Manny didnt approve of, we needed fresh eyes who could get more out of defense. This was lazy move, but not surprising. We will see how we look first game next year

Advertisement
Think these are super optimistic takes, Diaz didnt leave and just come back.. You cant go to his last year being DC like the last couple years didnt happen, like UNC didnt gape his defense before the nation. The Scheme is dead, Manny has been here, ITS BEEN HIS SCHEME. It worked in 2018 with different players, now it doesnt.. Doubling down isnt the answer. Things evolve and change, if a guy like Saban has to evolve or die with all the top player access and resources available to him, why do we have to be tied to a scheme that "worked" years ago but has been on downward trend, ******* evolve and bring in some professionals if you only know this scheme

In 2019 when things were going sideways, Manny in media said he was gonna be more involved, Some even said he took over at that point, this season Manny made it clear he spends **** near whole time on defensive field, he is already running show, he is HC, Baker wasnt running something Manny didnt approve of, we needed fresh eyes who could get more out of defense. This was lazy move, but not surprising. We will see how we look first game next year
I don't disagree with North Carolina, but I think a good part of it was absolutely horrific LB play (Jennings graded out at 29, which is almost inconceivable) and a complete inability to set an edge. However, a bigger part of the problem, which I believe is a Baker problem, was his lack of feel for the game in real time. His adjustments are late or simply bad. Offensive playcallers are either one step ahead of him, both in scheme and playcalling. Manny never had this issue imo. He had a pretty good feel for the game, and seemed to call the right plays at the right time. Just my two cents.

agree 100%, scheme is worn out and needs to be refreshed and tweaked. Main question I have do is was the defensive decisions was it Diaz's "ego" or did UM go cheap and say we cannot afford the $$$. still think money is not as big of issue as the past Adidas money, ACC network + ACC conference affiliation $$$$.
CMD betting on himself, is my conclusion , Bama will truck us period as they will dominate LOS on both sides

Advertisement
I don't disagree with North Carolina, but I think a good part of it was absolutely horrific LB play (Jennings graded out at 29, which is almost inconceivable) and a complete inability to set an edge. However, a bigger part of the problem, which I believe is a Baker problem, was his lack of feel for the game in real time. His adjustments are late or simply bad. Offensive playcallers are either one step ahead of him, both in scheme and playcalling. Manny never had this issue imo. He had a pretty good feel for the game, and seemed to call the right plays at the right time. Just my two cents.
Manny got torched thru the air by a running Wisconsin team, QB looked like Tom Brady. Manny had a identical game at Texas as the UNC game, coincidental? Manny has a lot of y'all fooled and you'll see this season.

Manny got torched thru the air by a running Wisconsin team, QB looked like Tom Brady. Manny had a identical game at Texas as the UNC game, coincidental? Manny has a lot of y'all fooled and you'll see this season.
I'm not sure of any defense that doesn't get torched periodically - Kevin Steele had 70 put on him when he was at Clemson, look what Ole Miss did to Bama this year, etc. You can always find a game or two year, from any DC, where they get lit up. My point is, he is better than Baker insofar as a play caller.

Advertisement
I'm not sure of any defense that doesn't get torched periodically - Kevin Steele had 70 put on him when he was at Clemson, look what Ole Miss did to Bama this year, etc. You can always find a game or two year, from any DC, where they get lit up. My point is, he is better than Baker insofar as a play caller.
Which one had 550yds rushing against them to an inferior opponent? Which one isn't thought of in the coaching world?

Virginia QB didn't have a incomplete pass till the 3rd quarter vs Manny, the next week he couldn't stop a true freshman QB at Pitt, followed up by Watson setting a record for most consecutive completions, followed up by Wisconsin (a run dominate team) airing him out at Hard Rock.

Advertisement
Which one had 550yds rushing against them to an inferior opponent? Which one isn't thought of in the coaching world?

Virginia QB didn't have a incomplete pass till the 3rd quarter vs Manny, the next week he couldn't stop a true freshman QB at Pitt, followed up by Watson setting a record for most consecutive completions, followed up by Wisconsin (a run dominate team) airing him out at Hard Rock.
Don’t hit them with facts. Manny is going to be the savior because he’s calling plays. 😂😂😂😂

Do people actually believe that Baker was running the exact same defense Manny was when he was DC? If so, what exacty about the scheme is outdated? I'm asking because it seems like the majority of people on this board throw the word scheme around because they see others saying it. It's no different than people that were simply saying Miami needed to go "spread" and that would fix all of their issues offensively. They never clarified what type of spread to run, what would be the philosophy of the spread offense that would work here. It was so simple that simply being in a spread formation would result in success with SoFla afleets.

Amen brother and spot on! Here’s some necessary reading for dumb@ss no football knowledge mouth breathers like you @ssvir and your cronies flake James and manure Diaz. Learn something! Lol

Advertisement
Back