Plus Minus for a shorten season!!!

JOE'CANE

Senior
Hey guys I know there are alot of negatives with a shorten season. Especially because for the 1st time in along time we have a true stud at QB.

With that said I do believe a major positive for us is being able to redshirt absolutely every offensive lineman we need to, mainly Zion, Walker, and Rivers. While it really ***** suks, we have find away to turn this situation into a longterm positive. I believe we are doing it on the recruiting trail. We just need to implement a good strategy for the program and execute on the field.

Can you guys think of any other way we can take advantage?

Advertisement
Maybe not exactly what your post is about, but I was thinking about this today: if there is an eight-game season for instance. Nine games even, and the current redshirt rule is that a player can play in four games and still take a shirt. It seems like we could get awfully creative across the board. Not exclusive to us per se, but definitely a unique angle. In an eight-game season for instance, if you had two young studs that still needed some development like maybe some size, strength, technical improvement etc, one could play in four games and the other in four games. I know you could still do something similar with a 12 or 13 or 14 game season, but my point is you could have one of them play half the season and the other play half the season quite literally. Both would come back the following season as freshmen again. 🤔

Last edited:
We could see a season bridging fall and spring... Thanksgiving through March ... especially if there's any inkling of a vaccine..

There are no advantages to a shorten season, even one loss could be a death sentence. We all know how are recruits react to losses.
I will say this however, every game is a bowl game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back