Pls raise your hands if you thought we were winning tonight

bear

Sophomore
one RB
NO TE
No Richards.
Playing defending champs.
Rosier finally playing down to expectations.

Keep things in perspective. We overachieved and had a fun season with a couple monster wins. Get those recruits in and we will eat the next few years. This was a great step forward. It took Clemson ten years of Dabo to win a ship. Our time will come- make no mistake about that

Advertisement
I thought we had a shot. In big games this year, like FSU, VT, and ND we played big.

Not this time.

I thought we would lose but I didn't see us getting blownout like this.

Advertisement
Had a good feeling about the ND game and a bad feeling about this one. Rosier played crappy for long stretches in almost every game, but not until Pitt did he just never come out of it. That was concerning

Hard to win against a top level team without 3 star players on offense, little depth and Milsap and Charles holding down the left side of the OL.

Thought we were going to win and definitely had a shot.. didn’t expect a loss like that

Advertisement
I had no expectation of winning. We are a goodteam, just not a great one. Clemson has elite talent compared to us. There are too many raw areas on both sides of the ball to expect to play up to elite status. We have heart, we have grit, but we lack talent across the board. A few more decent classes may bring in the types of players we need to reach the next level.

I am happy to see us heading in the right direction. 10 ( would have been 11) wins is a nice season coming put of a series of bad coaches and sanctions.

The loss isn't the concern. Not being competitive in a single quarter is the issue.

Losses like this should bring about a reevaluation process if being elite is the objective.

Advertisement
DB14716A-F4D0-4B7B-839C-2174BCC3225A.jpg

I believed we had a path to victory and was cautiously optimistic. That being said, we are 11 games into the season and the stats already say what the strengths and weaknessess of this are. So unless our QB all of a sudden started playing out of his mind the odds
We more than likely we would make them look better than they are.

one RB
NO TE
No Richards.
Playing defending champs.
Rosier finally playing down to expectations.

Keep things in perspective. We overachieved and had a fun season with a couple monster wins. Get those recruits in and we will eat the next few years. This was a great step forward. It took Clemson ten years of Dabo to win a ship. Our time will come- make no mistake about that

No , but thought we would show up

Advertisement
I felt we were walking into a buzz saw. Told a friend I thought something like 40-10 was likely. In retrospect we were a good team with some bad injuries and some good breaks along the way. Clemson is an elite program that **** the bed in one game.

borrowing from cane407

Clemson: 40
Auburn: 45
Oklahoma: 37
Wisconsin: 6
Alabama: 69
UGA: 54
Miami: 25
Ohio State: 63

Wisconsin did a world better than us with a greater talent differential.

Me. I thought we'd win all of our games thus far. I've been more right than those hanging around predicting our demise.

Advertisement
Back