Please tell me one of you threw something at those officials.

paksat

Junior
Banned
I've seen quite a few canes games now, every single one but one in the last 5 years.. I saw every single game from 2001-2005 and I have never in my life seen the absurd **** that I saw the other night from the zebras.

There was a sequence of about 5 plays in a row where vt should have had flags thrown. I saw it, the crowd saw it on the monitor, oh but for SOME reason replays never seem to replay those "conspiracy theory" plays. Dudes were getting mugged on the defensive line through my drunken eyes. I saw one of their corners literally grab and hold onto either thomas or harley for a good 30 yards.

That was one of the most crooked, corrupt things I've ever witness in sports. Please tell me one of you threw a beer bottle or something at those asshats. There's no way I wouldn't be in jail that night if I had been there just no fcking way I would have been able to just sit there with my hands up in the air.

I normally watch the games with my father, he's not a cane fan and just enjoys football and even he had this look on his face of, "this is simply unreal."

Advertisement
I've seen quite a few canes games now, every single one but one in the last 5 years.. I saw every single game from 2001-2005 and I have never in my life seen the absurd **** that I saw last night from the zebras.

There was a sequence of about 5 plays in a row where vt should have had flags thrown. I saw it, the crowd saw it on the monitor, oh but for SOME reason replays never seem to replay those "conspiracy theory" plays. Dudes were getting mugged on the defensive line through my drunken eyes. I saw one of their corners literally grab and hold onto either thomas or harley for a good 30 yards.

That was one of the most crooked, corrupt things I've ever witness in sports. Please tell me one of you threw a beer bottle or something at those asshats. There's no way I wouldn't be in jail that night if I had been there just no fcking way I would have been able to just sit there with my hands up in the air.
fs
I've seen quite a few canes games now, every single one but one in the last 5 years.. I saw every single game from 2001-2005 and I have never in my life seen the absurd **** that I saw last night from the zebras.

yes the REFS were abysmal, but the team was worse than abysmal

Advertisement
Not to mention the TWO missed PI calls on Brevin in the end zone on the same drive, which cost us 7 points. (6 if Baxa is kicking).

Edit: I agree with people saying that we simply played bad enough to lose. However, it’s hard to not blame at least a bit of the massive VT momentum in this game on the refs. Just IMO, but I think we would’ve had momentum about 10 times in this game if it had been called fairly.

Ignoring the running into the kicker, the non PI call on the first pick, the DB raking Harley's arm. The list is endless.

Still shouldn't have mattered but it was atrocious.
A missed face mask on a sack of Perry late in the third quarter that would’ve given us a first down instead of 2nd and 20. We had all the momentum at that point. It’s hard enough to beat one team but to have to beat the refs too sucks man! It was awful.

Advertisement
Not to mention the TWO missed PI calls on Brevin in the end zone on the same drive, which cost us 7 points. (6 if Baxa is kicking).

Edit: I agree with people saying that we simply played bad enough to lose. However, it’s hard to not blame at least a bit of the massive VT momentum in this game on the refs. Just IMO, but I think we would’ve had momentum about 10 times in this game if it had been called fairly.
There’s 2 more. Would’ve given us first and goal and that was still late second quarter!!! Unreal

There was the on PI no call with a facemask to boot.
And they weren’t questionable. They were obvious and flagrant. DL was getting mugged all night. Absolutely one of the worst officiated games I’ve seen in a long time.

Advertisement
I've seen quite a few canes games now, every single one but one in the last 5 years.. I saw every single game from 2001-2005 and I have never in my life seen the absurd **** that I saw the other night from the zebras.

I normally watch the games with my father, he's not a cane fan and just enjoys football and even he had this look on his face of, "this is simply unreal."
They know this admin will not file a complaint with the league, so they will officiate down to the level of program’s play.

The people I respect least in the stands are the ones who berate the officiating all game long. And it is endless in my immediate area. There are two guys who whine for a flag on every play.

Meanwhile I'll throw the whiners a bone while also making the same point from above. There is no reason to whine about penalties when penalties are so rare. The typical opponent will have a penalty called against them roughly 1 in 25 plays. Just keep that in mind while watching and whining. You are somehow taking a .04 likelihood and wanting the referees to make it more like .50

But here is the bone: The 2019 Canes are 130th and dead last in the country in terms of penalties per play, at roughly double the national average at .08.

Take that however you want it...undisciplined team, lousy coaching, or screwed by the refs:

Advertisement
Back