Playoff Updates

Advertisement
So Pete when you say your going to post good recruiting news tomorrow, I was really hoping for 1201am or 0001 hours. Guess not

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/11/30/3787964/booker-t-washington-steamrolls.html

Booker T killed Cocoa in the state semi-final at Traz Powell tonight 49-10.

This is the second week in a row I have seen Treon Harris in person tonight and I really think it was a huge mistake not offering him, even as a QB. He finished 11-16 for 265 yards and 5 TD. He also had a 15 yard TD run. His vision and ability to shake defender after defender in the pocket is on a different level than almost every QB at this level. He is a legit dual threat QB. He has a big time arm and is a visible leader out there. He threw some ridiculous long balls on a dime in some pretty windy conditions tonight. His football IQ is also extremely high. Can't really find anything I don't like about him. Even goes through his progressions well.

Not to mention Cocoa has 3 legit D1 defensive backs. Chauncey Gardner is committed here and is a sophomore. Jamel Dean is a high 4* recruit and it is an OSU/UF battle and we're trying to get in the mix. And Jamel Jackson who is a South Alabama commit who made a couple of plays tonight. Lamar Parker looked solid again tonight, but I still can't believe how good Treon Harris looks overall as a QB.

Mark Walton is going to be a beast, nothing more needs to be said, he had 2 more TD tonight.

Chad Thomas and Demetrius Jackson caused havoc again as normal and Chad Thomas threw up The U after a tackle he made. Nigel Bethel didn't give up any completions to his defender, but did not really get tested as their QB looked like a freshman when he threw ball....a lot of jump balls off his back foot.

Cocoa has a Freshman QB Bruce Judson and a SR RB Lorenzo Platt with some FCS offers. They are both pretty talented and run very hard, but the Booker T defense was way too fast and strong. Credit to Ice Harris and the Booker T coaching staff, they were on a different level than the entire Cocoa team. The QB slipped on 3rd down on the first drive of the game when he had some daylight around the edge. The punter punted one that went about 12 yards into the wind and before you know it, it was 21-0 six minutes into the game. It will be interesting to keep an eye on freshman Bruce Judson as he develops as a QB.

Freddie Booth-Lloyd has been talked about around here before as a DT. He is freakin' huge, a big old gut as well. He has great burst and often was in the backfield disrupting Harris or Walton. He even had a huge TFL on the first drive on Walton. He played both ways, handled Thomas for most of the game as an offensive guard and didn't take a snap off other than kickoff and kick returns. He is committed to Tulane and has a couple of power 5 conference offers with Georgia Tech, Sparty and Iowa State. 6'1 and 300 lbs, I was pretty impressed by him, he was the only one to stand out for them on defense. At least for the first half, everyone knew the game was over 6 minutes into the game. Not sure if he we should have offered him with our glaring need for help at DT.

Booker T. will play at least a 2 or 3 team loss in the state finals. They'll probably be realistically 40 points favorites. As pcitycane said in another post, it is exciting that most of the core of one of the most dominant teams in Florida high school football history is committed to the U. Not to beat or dead horse or be pessimistic, but I really worry not offering Treon Harris will be a huge mistake in the future. Lamar Parker is solid, but really isn't a thought with our loaded wide receiver corps now and what will soon be in the near future. Not to mention South Florida produces multiple elite WRs year after year. Other than that, most of what makes Booker T so dominant will be Canes next year.

Johnnie Dixon tore up St Thomas tonight kid is a stud and has a chance to get on the field early.

Any idea what his stats were?

Not sure of his total stats, but he had 2 TDs for 42 and 67 yards.

Dixon finished with 4 receptions for 124 yards and two tds but his teammate Saffold came up big with 10 receptions for 150 yards, on a side note 2015 UM recruit Peete for STA finished with 2 receptions for 43 yards and a td.

SoySoy, thanks for the write up, nice work, but I disagree regarding Harris. I'll be shocked if he ever takes a meaningful snap as a college QB.

Advertisement
I am hoping that FBL is the SUPER backup plan in case we strike out on all the JUCO guys. (Which could happen, ya know..) I dont know why but I like the kid if he is a legit 6'1. Seems like a kid that Butch would have taken a long look at.

As far as Treon, I dont know if he could flourish in a Pro style offense. The school that I am SHOCKED hasnt given him a look is Oregon. You would think he would kill it in that scheme. Even a school like Texas Tech or TAMU should be giving the guy a look. But he could be a deadly DB or Slot WR.

Dixon showed out when the lights were on.. I like that. Unlike somebody we know..("Cough" Ermon Lane)

Advertisement
On Treon, I agree that he looks impressive in the games, but do you really take him over Kaaya? Also, with his track record evaluating and recruiting QB's, do you really doubt Coley's judgement?

I agree, nice write up but I don't see Harris beating out the guys ahead of him. Seen him in Vegas when they played here, he has very small quick receivers that other teams can't stay with. On the next level this isn't going to happen, he does move around well, but not sold on his arm strength and he is probably 5'10 at best. Would probably make a good DB though.
SoySoy, thanks for the write up, nice work, but I disagree regarding Harris. I'll be shocked if he ever takes a meaningful snap as a college QB.

Advertisement
Freddie Booth-Lloyd has been talked about around here before as a DT. He is freakin' huge, a big old gut as well. He has great burst and often was in the backfield disrupting Harris or Walton. He even had a huge TFL on the first drive on Walton. He played both ways, handled Thomas for most of the game as an offensive guard and didn't take a snap off other than kickoff and kick returns. He is committed to Tulane and has a couple of power 5 conference offers with Georgia Tech, Sparty and Iowa State. 6'1 and 300 lbs, I was pretty impressed by him, he was the only one to stand out for them on defense. At least for the first half, everyone knew the game was over 6 minutes into the game. Not sure if he we should have offered him with our glaring need for help at DT.

But can he play patty cake with an O-Lineman?

Advertisement

But can he play patty cake with an O-Lineman?

:ibisroflmao:

Treon could be a monster at Auburn. Malzahn wins with guys like Nick Marshall, who can't throw for ****. Treon is much better than Marshall.

Advertisement
Back