Playoff Rankings

Does anybody agree with the playoff rankings? I don't think teams with a loss should be included right now, regardless of SOS. What do you guys think?

Advertisement
I think 8-team playoff is sufficient.

Automatic bids for champions of the Power 5 (ACC, P12, B10, SEC, B12) and 3 at large bids. Three weeks of play off football beginning mid-December. First two rounds are back to back weeks, then 10 days break before the championship.

Playoffs are good, but 4 teams is just ridiculous.

I agree an eight game playoff would be ideal. But these sponsors won't want to give up the cash for that many games. I think they should reward the teams that haven't lost and forget abour SOS.

If you do that, teams will go out of there way to NOT schedule any tough teams. Bad for the game.

Advertisement
It's simple for the the teams that schedule tough teams. Don't lose. Undefeated teams shouldn't be punished for winning all of their games.

I completely agree with 8 teams. (Power 5 champs + 3 at-large).

To be fair, the FBS should be split into two. Let the mid majors have their own 8 team playoff (5 conference champs + 3 at-large).

4 teams is making this pretty exciting though. Just makes the playoffs extend a couple weeks with all the backloaded schedules and conference championship games.
Basically all these teams play each other in the last few weeks.

Advertisement
stanford v. notre dame
stanford v utah
baylor v tcu
baylor v okst
baylor v OU
OU vs okst
TCU v OU
alabama v florida
michigan v ohio state
michigan st v ohio state
ohio state v iowa

[]_[] swag;2364882 said:
stanford v. notre dame
stanford v utah
baylor v tcu
baylor v okst
baylor v OU
OU vs okst
TCU v OU
alabama v florida
michigan v ohio state
michigan st v ohio state
ohio state v iowa

Utah is the most overrated team in all of college. Their QB is worse than Spencer Whipple.

USC exposed them for what they really are.

I completely agree with 8 teams. (Power 5 champs + 3 at-large).

To be fair, the FBS should be split into two. Let the mid majors have their own 8 team playoff (5 conference champs + 3 at-large).

This concept is interesting. I would say, let the Group of 5 champs fight it out for 1 spot in the playoff. Guaranteed 1 spot every year. Highest ranked G5 team at the end gets the spot. However they want to do it...one game playoff between the two top teams at the close of the season, whatever.

Then you have 2 at larges.

The money would roll right in. Even more than it already is

4 teams is fine - bc the end of the season is an extended part of the playoffs - if Iowa wants to get in, beat OSU. If Stanford wants to get in, beat ND. LSU had their chance but they got destroyed by Bama. The Big 12 NEEDs to figure out how to get a championship game

The playoffs actually started the first week of November and that is what is great about only 4 teams advancing

Advertisement
The playoffs suck.

There should be at least a 6 team playoff. Each of the power 5 conference champ should be in it with one spot for at large or for the 1 non power 5 schools to have.

I agree - I think winning a conf should be important (so we dont have to have two sec teams every year) but not required
- besides if winning your conference was the path, than many of these teams would stop scheduling games across conferences
- college football needs more games between conferences and not at Jerry's place but home and home games

Advertisement
[]_[] swag;2364882 said:
stanford v. notre dame
stanford v utah
baylor v tcu
baylor v okst
baylor v OU
OU vs okst
TCU v OU
alabama v florida
michigan v ohio state
michigan st v ohio state
ohio state v iowa

Utah is the most overrated team in all of college. Their QB is worse than Spencer Whipple.

USC exposed them for what they really are.

Exposed again as frauds.

Advertisement
Back